Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Quiet Rangehood recommendations

Page 1 of 1
We've had not so great experiences in the past with rangehoods, so would love to hear your recommendations. We were thinking a Schweingen rangehood but have hear the external motors are noisy?

Also, our kitchen is in the centre of the home (with first floor above it), so not sure how the external motor would work?

Thanks
I have a Bosch Series 6 pull out range-hood, and its barely louder than the induction cook-top and is completely fine for watching TV at the same-time. Then again I dont cook really smokey stuff so if you were using a cast iron pan with steaks you'd need to ramp it up.

Otherwise I've seen Whispair roof mounted motor ones that are at least 10dB quieter but 3x the price.
Don't go anywhere near a Blanco
Weve previously has an asko undermount, and were pretty happy with it for the cost, we ordered the same one for our recent build but there was a 6month wait, so we were recommend to go the Bosch (AEG and Neff are exactly the same, compare them side by side, they come out of the same factory), we are pretty happy with the Bosch.
might want to consider what cooktop you are getting as well. We were told certain rangehoods work better with induction cooktops (re: your other post around all electric house) by the people at e&s. How much truth there is to it - unsure.
Check out the Whirlpool forums: QASAIR gets recommended there, also perhaps check out external/remote fan mount (Falmec?). Price range for these two seem to be 2.5-3.5k for QASAIR and 1.5-2.5k for Falmec.
gogo65
Weve previously has an asko undermount, and were pretty happy with it for the cost, we ordered the same one for our recent build but there was a 6month wait, so we were recommend to go the Bosch (AEG and Neff are exactly the same, compare them side by side, they come out of the same factory), we are pretty happy with the Bosch.

Is that the 86cm Bosch rangehood? We're getting the 90cm Bosch induction cooktop, but it bugs me that the rangehood is only 86cm lol.
Related
30/06/2023
Looking for house plans improvement recommendations

General Discussion

Really tight at the top of the stairs- how to get furniture into those rooms? Study books - does anyone really use them these days? Large storage closet would be more functional.

23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations - Melbourne

Building A New House

I do enjoy the drama:-D In his latest two videos he has started bringing security guards to site, I am waiting for the punch on to begin lol

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum