Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

All electric home

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

We are thinking of going all electric in our new build. I'm very new to this, so could anyone give me a quick rundown of what this involves? Obviously we will change to induction cooktop. How does hot water and heating work though? Will it save on our build costs?

Thank you!
Reverse cycle for heating/cooling, heat-pump hotwater, and induction cooktop. TBH upfront it was more expensive, as 3-phase was a must and these where more expensive then their equivalent (gas hotwater, gas/evap aircon, gas cooktop). But for me it removed paying a $400+ yearly access charge which only ever had about $30 of gas usage a quarter.

For now the pay back on those costs is probably 10 years, but once I get solar installed I can nearly completely offset their electricity costs too.
heat pump hot water is pretty unreliable apparently, If you add some solar power the excess is used to heat the hot water rather than using off peak
We have solar powered heat pump, and find it pretty good, we previously had instantaneous gas. I do find it takes a little while for the hot water to come through, but we have a 36m run from one side of the house to the ensuite.
Related
25/06/2023
Seeking Advice on Installing an Electric Gate with Intercom

Building A New House

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here, and I'm looking for some advice regarding my house construction project in North Kellyville. I…

5/01/2024
Electric gate for s Street front villa

General Discussion

Hi all. I'm thinking of installing an electric gate in front of this street front villa (link below). The gate would be between the bush on the left and the letter box on…

27/04/2024
Best electric hot water system in 2024?

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

The tank is around 200 litres (I am on holiday for the next 6 weeks so can't check) The Heat Pump has a built in time switch. No idea on the speed to heat because with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum