Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First time homeowner

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I am building my first home and have signed with SJD. So far everything has been pretty good.
I have left this quite late as I've been stressing on the colour selections. I have my colour selection tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has built with SJD?
The colour selection is only 2/2.5 hours and my worry is that it's not enough time at all. I have already rescheduled it once as I just can't decide on anything other than a few things.

I'm pretty set on a brown theme overall with Monument for the roof and Midnight Oak Laminate flooring but the rest I just have no idea about (wall colour, kitchen stone bench colour, splashback, tile colour, etc)
I'm thinking of Truffle from Austral bricks for the brick colour (has anyone used this brick)?

Any advise would be appreciated, you just don't realize how much is involved in selections for a house, it's quite overwhelming.

Thanks
Well the colour selection went well, in pretty happy with the selections.

Just a question re the skirting and architraves, what did you pick for your build?
It's something I didn't even realise there were options for haha.
I've been deciding between Single Bevel or 1/2 Splayed and decided on 1/2 Splayed.
kennyc
Hi All,

I am building my first home and have signed with SJD. So far everything has been pretty good.
I have left this quite late as I've been stressing on the colour selections. I have my colour selection tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has built with SJD?
The colour selection is only 2/2.5 hours and my worry is that it's not enough time at all. I have already rescheduled it once as I just can't decide on anything other than a few things.

I'm pretty set on a brown theme overall with Monument for the roof and Midnight Oak Laminate flooring but the rest I just have no idea about (wall colour, kitchen stone bench colour, splashback, tile colour, etc)
I'm thinking of Truffle from Austral bricks for the brick colour (has anyone used this brick)?

Any advise would be appreciated, you just don't realize how much is involved in selections for a house, it's quite overwhelming.

Thanks

Might help if you mention what area are you building in. Personally, I haven't heard of SJD but then again I'm in regional Victoria and not all of the builders build here.

Have you checked online for any reviews?
icat2000
kennyc
Hi All,

Thanks

Might help if you mention what area are you building in. Personally, I haven't heard of SJD but then again I'm in regional Victoria and not all of the builders build here.

Have you checked online for any reviews?

I'm building in Neerim South, Victoria.
There are about 5 SJD homes in the estate I'm building in and they have plenty of display homes all over Vic.
I've heard nothing but good reports about them.
Related
6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ❤️

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum