Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Connection to electricity mains for a greenfield site

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

I’m looking to get electricity connected to my greenfield rural site.

Below is the scope of works I’ll be sending out to get quotes. Appreciate if anyone can let me know if I should ask for anything else and also how long it took for people to get connected from start to finish. Looking to have a large transformer for plenty of headroom capacity.

Thanks

“Can you please provide a quote for

preparing designs and liaising with Essential Energy re plans and obtaining appropriate approvals from Essential Energy and council (if applicable);
install a transformer on the existing pole on – we are looking for a transformer that can handle a large load / capacity for 3-phase for x2 houses and a workshed;
install a telegraph pole just inside / outside my fence line;
install a metre box outside my fence line and wiring to mains[, with a private pillar a few metres away];
underground cabling approx. 200-220m in length from the private pillar inside the fence line up to the dwelling site – TBC whether in conduit or direct burying and a price for each copper cable and also aluminum cable [240]mm;
installing x4 power points in metre box / private pit for builders supply; and
[install temporary earthing].”
Related
19/09/2023
Mains water to new house

General Discussion

if it's the look that you're not happy with, the easiest option would probably be to spray paint it all into the same color as the walls so it blends in. there might not…

10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

22/12/2023
Water main connection

Building A New House

Hi all I'm currently building a duplex in Sydney and we need to do a new water connection to the second unit. The water main is on the other side of the road so we need…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum