Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sewer inspection line poor placement eyesore

Page 1 of 1
Hi all any advice would be greatly appreciated. Our sewer inspection line has been placed in a poor spot in our opinion and we were wondering if there is anything we can do to change this. It wasn't listed on any of our plans and yes I know I should have probably questioned it sooner but here we are. I'm unsure why our builder didnt place it off to the side like most homes but it is no smack bang in front of our door and where our landscaping was designed for stepping stones and our mailbox. If it cannot be moved at the very least can we get it flush to the ground so its not as promenant or likely to trip someone. A few pictures below.

Cant move it, but you can get it flush. Dig around it, you might get lucky and it might not be glued; pull it off, cut the pipe to the suitable depth, and re-attach. Otherwise, youd have to buy a new BTS, cut the pipe and attach to the depth of your choosing. Lazy arse plumber did this.
depends if is inspection point or more likely overflow relief gully
if org you cannot cut it down
That one is an IO so it can be cut down as moudzj stated.
I replaced one last week. Was in the middle of alfresco and was about to be concreted. I went to Tradelink and they have a small version with a stainless ring around it. Just lift that off as it won't be glued and cut pipe to suit the depth and replace. It was about $25.

Brett0004
I replaced one last week. Was in the middle of alfresco and was about to be concreted. I went to Tradelink and they have a small version with a stainless ring around it. Just lift that off as it won't be glued and cut pipe to suit the depth and replace. It was about $25.

This sounds good can you give me the name or model number of it please?
Deacon91
Brett0004

Sorry I am at work and wont be home until next week. I have been searching for it online but no luck. What I did was take a photo of the DWV mound that you have and go into Reece or tradelink and tell them you are after something better than that. Thats what I did although mine was for finished concrete slab and yours is for garden by the looks. There area few different options by the looks.
Brett0004
Deacon91
Brett0004

Sorry I am at work and wont be home until next week. I have been searching for it online but no luck. What I did was take a photo of the DWV mound that you have and go into Reece or tradelink and tell them you are after something better than that. Thats what I did although mine was for finished concrete slab and yours is for garden by the looks. There area few different options by the looks.

Great thanks for the info will go have a look
What you're looking at is the sewer jump-up. This is where your sewer line connects into the sewer main. The connection point is not offered as a "preferred connection location". It is now installed by the builder or as requested by the builder, it happened back when the civils for the estate were being carried out. There is no requirement for it to be installed as a feature point in the front yard at the height above ground as shown. The seal "black lid is a rubber sealed water proof connection, you can have it lowered so it sits flush with the finished grass level
Related
17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

29/10/2023
Sewer line minimum depth in NSW

Building A New House

Hi, only for walking. It is a narrow 1.5m paved area next to house.

18/08/2023
Sewer Inspection Point

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi, I have this sewer inspection point sitting in an odd spot in the rear of my yard: https://imgur.com/ghLI98q What I'd like to do is put a firepit in that corner of…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum