Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Cable attached to house

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys

Another one from me

Just drove past our house AGAIN, to see if anything happened with the demo, which of course it didn't

BUT I also noticed a thing black cable coming from the roof of our house and connnecting to the power pole out on the street about half way up it...

We have asked for gas/electricity/Phone to be disconnected and we have been told this has been done and I'm sure I didn't see this cable before....

Does anyone know which it could be if it isn't any of the above OR how we can find out what it is?

I don't want another delay from the demo company

Cheers
Bel
Could it be a PayTV cable? Most likely to be an Optus one, as Telstra/Foxtel generally goes underground.
Hmm maybe it could?? I'll ring up Optus and ask...

Does anyone know if it would be dangerous for the demolition company or me (
) to rip down a cable?
Bel, is it just attached to the house? Or to a small grey box? We had four cables to our house; mains electricity (thick black one to a small black box), the Optus cable internet (thickish black to the grey box) and then two thin phone lines to the gables. I rang Telstra a while ago to see if they remove these for demo, and said 'no'. The demo guys cut them as they are low voltage. I can dig up a couple of pics if you want to compare them to yours?

If in doubt, ring the demo company!
just go and pull it really hard and see what happens!!
If you haven't seen it before, is it possible the demo company came and connected it back up for something they needed to do in the house?

vanderlay!
Thanks Stormy, I'll go out in daylight tomorrow and have a look if it is connected to a box or not, I think it should be ok, as I asked the demo company to come and see if everything was to their satisfaction after the electricity/gas had been cut and they said yes.

Only thing is I don't remember seeing this cord at the time, but hopefully it isn't anything major.

Vanderlay
vanderlay

Photos!
Donuts? Hmm I hadn't thought of that...but I can't see what they could need, DH seems to think it was always there (nice of him to tell me
)

TDL - If I do pull it out I don't think I'd be around to post photos
to_do_list
vanderlay

Photos!

thanks Paula!
haywgl

Surely DH has sobered up enough to take photos....or is he still falling through doors....hey - a thought - the whole drunk team could have demolished the house....
Atleast the team would have been finished last week

DH could take the pics, but he wouldn't be able to post them!
to_do_list
haywgl

Surely DH has sobered up enough to take photos....or is he still falling through doors....hey - a thought - the whole drunk team could have demolished the house....

Maybe you should just do it yourself! Would be fun!!
haywgl
DH could take the pics, but he wouldn't be able to post them!

sportsman.....
haywgl
(nice of him to tell me
)

You could always ring the demo company and tell them what you saw and see if that is ok with them - they would soon let you know if they did it... although if only that was different and nothing else it would be weird if that's all they did there
I so want to ring them Donuts - it might be a good excuse!

Everytime I call them, the lady answers and before I can even say "...from New-" she says "Yes Belinda, we are coming to you as soon as possible"

I have decided though if I haven't recieved a call by tomorrow afternoon and nothing has been done I am going to call them and ask what is going on. I need this house demolished by next Thursday otherwise I am going to be charged $$ from PD for not having the site start ready...
sounds like optus cable.
Related
20/01/2024
Verandah repair - ledger attached to brick

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, I'll be starting on my verandah repair soon - replace ledger, rafters, roofing iron, flashing etc. (fascia board already done). My question is about the timber ledger…

29/03/2024
Project home builder with attached granny flat

Building A New House

Hi all, Been browsing project builders' website and saw Masterton with attached granny flat design Seeing bad reviews from masterton in this website/facebook, does…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum