Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Termite protection - Pine treated sleepers

Page 1 of 1
Hi Fellas,

I have built a garden bed with pine treated sleepers (https://www.bunnings.com.au/200-x-50mm- ... r_p8500077) which is touching the slab of the house. Is that an issue wrt Termite protection? I have taken flick warranty and doing the annual checks and 3 year refills?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
Sam
You are supposed to leave 75mm vertical clearance to the edge of concrete slabs. Take a photo and post it here.

Stewie
You most likely have interfered with termite management system and voided your warranty. Termites can breach or avoid barriers.
Get Flick back to re treat
Just click on it and it takes you straight there. If you're on a phone it may not work.

Stewie
building-expert
You most likely have interfered with termite management system and voided your warranty. Termites can breach or avoid barriers.
Get Flick back to re treat

I m in a similar position but not due to garden beds but a irresponsible concreter laying concreting without keeping 50mm gap below weep holes as specified by Rentokil. He has compromised the gap at 3 places. Does the warranty void immediately without giving us opportunity to rectify ? Can the concrete in that area be removed considering it’s only few days old?
Kas83, How did your Rentokill inspection go? did you have to remove the concrete?
We did a path around around our house as recommended by the builder, we obviously wanted it all the same height and then realised on the garage wall the weep holes and termite barriers are lower and have been covered over about a 4 meter distance.

The weep holes and termite barriers are lower than the driveway surface in this area so we essentially need that whole side much lower than the rest of the yard just to keep the weep holes and termite barriers clear, we would end up with a mote in those areas.
Related
21/06/2023
Termite Protection

General Discussion

Yes, neither is termite damage that is not covered by your house insurance.

7/08/2023
MGP10 pine for an island

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Are you going to have the frame exposed or are you cladding it with something. Usually if you are making an exposed frame you would use solid legs around 100x100 or…

8/09/2023
H2 Blue Pine

Bugs & Suggestions

I’m just in the process of replacing 2 stud walls that have been severely damaged by termites and am planning to use h2 blue pine. I just wanted to if anyone can advise…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum