Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sale Consultant’s commission on new build!

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I was curious how much commission do sale consultants makes on selling a new build? E.g. if someone visited a display and purchased a new build from Domaine Homes. Is it similar to a real estate agent’s commission?

I ask, because I want to knock the commission amount off my new build...hopefully!
First-Timer1
Hi all,

I was curious how much commission do sale consultants makes on selling a new build? E.g. if someone visited a display and purchased a new build from Domaine Homes. Is it similar to a real estate agent’s commission?

I ask, because I want to knock the commission amount off my new build...hopefully!

we saw how much the real estate agent commission is for the land, it was indicated on our land contract how much everyone got. not sure what it was called ours got 5k, we only saw him the day we met the sales guy, he was just standing on the side which was weird didn't do anything at all but got the 5k.lol not sure about the sales agent maybe they get commission from the developers/builders company didnt see any on my contract.
Why would you want to know off their commission? That’s their livelihood..
NathanPS

Obviously the builder will still pay them a commission. It will just be less.

For example if I know they get paid 2%, and my build price is 300k. I can negotiate 6k off, and then the builder will just pay them 2% for 294k.

I therefore have a bit of an idea of how much I can negotiate for before getting into the builders actual margin.
enz32
First-Timer1
Hi all,

we saw how much the real estate agent commission is for the land, it was indicated on our land contract how much everyone got. not sure what it was called ours got 5k, we only saw him the day we met the sales guy, he was just standing on the side which was weird didn't do anything at all but got the 5k.lol not sure about the sales agent maybe they get commission from the developers/builders company didnt see any on my contract.

Yeah I’m keen to know how much the sale’s consultants gets from the builder.
First-Timer1
NathanPS

For example if I know they get paid 2%, and my build price is 300k. I can negotiate 6k off, and then the builder will just pay them 2% for 294k.

I therefore have a bit of an idea of how much I can negotiate for before getting into the builders actual margin.

I really hope they do not help you at all. Trying to screw your sales agent for their commission is scummy. Our sales consultant deserved every single cent if not more than he got.
Sales professional are the least trusted professionals ( bottom 5) here
Trusted professions Survey 2017
Struggling to keep their jobs, the reality is they are being replaced by apps
OT they became easy targets for change. BTW the top 5 professions are safe for now
StructuralBIMGuy
OT they became easy targets for change. BTW the top 5 professions are safe for now

Good to know were top 1! 🙂 Our experience with our sales guy from the start was almost perfect but after all was initially signed and paid little deposit it was the exact opposite.lol
NathanPS
First-Timer1
NathanPS

I really hope they do not help you at all. Trying to screw your sales agent for their commission is scummy. Our sales consultant deserved every single cent if not more than he got.

Think he just want to haggle a bit more,idk. Some deserve every cent but unfortunately some doesnt. Honestly if they do not help then no sales=no commission.
NathanPS
First-Timer1
NathanPS

I don’t understand what’s “scummy”. The sale consultant still gets a commission for his or her sale.

This is literally about negotiating. By knowing how much commission the sales consultant gets, I can be more informed to negotiate a better price with the builder.

Thanks for your valuable input.
StructuralBIMGuy

This is actually really a good read! Thanks!
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum