Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sisters Beach - Wilson Homes

Page 1 of 1
Long time reader, first time poster. Bought a block of land in Sisters Beach, Tasmania. Starting off the building process with Wilson Homes. We'll keep you posted as to how we go!
Lucky you, it's a beautiful beach, breathtaking really. When I was looking 8 years ago there was a absolute beachfront beach house there on my shortlist. I was going to inspect it but then I found Frogmouth Cottage and it was check mate.
Cheers
building-expert
Lucky you, it's a beautiful beach, breathtaking really. When I was looking 8 years ago there was a absolute beachfront beach house there on my shortlist. I was going to inspect it but then I found Frogmouth Cottage and it was check mate.
Cheers

Thank you! We're very excited. We're interlopers from Victoria, and are anxiously waiting to see when we can get down there in person. It is a beautiful spot.
How have you gone with your build?
Slowly...but moving along now. Selections, plans, etc all done. Waiting on permits now. Then contract signing and off we go. We've now got a great consultant who moves things along and is very responsive. The issue with our oversized driveway for the all fire trucks now resolved... much more sensible! Fingers crossed we get to celebrate Xmas 2021 in the by the beach...
Do any forum members have any suggestions for independant building inspectors in Tassie (north) to keep everything ticking along with the building phases?
You definitely need your own inspector, google to find out who is servicing the area then check their references and more importantly their qualifications.
I choose not to work In Tasmania simply because it is my escape from work. When I am there I don't feel like working and the view and the sound of the sea are distracting. This is my patch, crimson morning at Primrose Beach. Could you get away from this for work?

I hope your build goes well and that you enjoy Tassie as much as I do
Thank you, I'll start googling - and no I wouldn't give up that view for work! It really is a very special place.
Related
14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum