Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Surfmist vs other whites for external colours

Page 1 of 1
Repost as i moved to correct section.

We did our external colour choices this morning and ended up going against surfmist for our whites. In the studio it just didn't look white at all and more of a grey/cream colour.

We ended up with:

Roof/gutters/fascia - Monument
Brickwork - Bluegum
Windows - Pearl White
Garage Door - Perisher White
Feature render - Taubmans Brilliant White

Still not 100% sold on the different whites vs surfmist but surfmist just seemed too far away from the "white" contrast we were looking for.

Does anyone have any pictures of surfmist or pearl white garage doors with darker bricks they could possibly share?

Monty85
Repost as i moved to correct section.

We did our external colour choices this morning and ended up going against surfmist for our whites. In the studio it just didn't look white at all and more of a grey/cream colour.

We ended up with:

Roof/gutters/fascia - Monument
Brickwork - Bluegum
Windows - Pearl White
Garage Door - Perisher White
Feature render - Taubmans Brilliant White

Still not 100% sold on the different whites vs surfmist but surfmist just seemed too far away from the "white" contrast we were looking for.

Does anyone have any pictures of surfmist or pearl white garage doors with darker bricks they could possibly share?

Hi Monty85

Our bricks are not as dark as yours but we went with Surfmist for garage door, render, facia and front door. I have to say we were concerened it would be too much of an off white but it is such a nice white once you see it outside and on a larger scale without being to stark.

aandsc
Hi Monty85

Our bricks are not as dark as yours but we went with Surfmist for garage door, render, facia and front door. I have to say we were concerened it would be too much of an off white but it is such a nice white once you see it outside and on a larger scale without being to stark.

Thanks for the reply and thanks for posting the image!

Yeah I've heard a few people say the same thing regarding the surfmist. Managed to find a few example images online of the pearl white windows with the perisher white garage and it didn't look too bad in those images.

Just keeps getting more and more difficult to commit to a decision.
Here is a pic of our surfmist door against darker render (and small area of bricks at the front).

[img:1hw6m5wz]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/89277_1603785351.jpeg[/img:1hw6m5wz]
juliep100
Here is a pic of our surfmist door against darker render (and small area of bricks at the front).

[img:1hw6m5wz]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/89277_1603785351.jpeg[/img:1hw6m5wz]

Do you know what the darker colour is juliep100?
It is Solver Grey Ember.
Here are a few pics I found with dark bricks and surfmist garage.

Related
26/08/2023
Dover white or surfmist garage door

General Discussion

Dover white or surfmist garage door. I am having trouble choosing a garage door. The outside of house will be tranquel retreat. I want it to all blend nicely however I…

24/02/2024
Surfmist tiled roof - unsure about gutter colour

General Discussion

Thank you so much. We ended going with the terrain that’s part of our brick.

5/02/2024
Provincial style hone external colours

Building A New House

The Dulux colour consultants are awesome. If you show them the photos they should be able to figure it out for you straight away

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum