Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Pre-purchase 'As-if completed' valuation

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
When it comes to buying land and getting quotes from your builder, does anyone here would enagage a certified practicing valuer (CPV) to do an ''as-if completed'' valuations, based on the quotes and concept design plan from the builders?

I received a quote from a local CPV for $500+GST. My land and build project budget is circa 500k, so it's like only spending 0.1% on it to gain more confidence on the value on as-if completed seems to be a good idea to me.

Have seen a lot of threads here about the lender comes back with a valuation short-fall and impact the loan amount

Has anyone actually ever received a valuation higher than your total land and build cost?

Cheers.
hey shibaboy welcome to the forum
The days of higher valuations than your total land and build costs are long gone as the economy is in decline.

Anyway...You should be able to extrapolate the information from the internet
IMO the best way to do this is to
1.Own your own design and copyright
2.Use 3D Bim ( as Built) to extract data and apply realistic costs from the internet
3.Armed with 2 above negotiate with suppliers, trades and builders.
4. Ask 3 builders to sharpen their pencils when quoting... lol, don't lean on them too hard they need to survive in this tough environment
OT Most CPVs come from the commercial sector background which has been ironically decimated by online selling
Valuations for shopping centres and commercial have plummeted
Cheers
Chris
Related
1/04/2024
Unsigned variations after a new home is completed

Building A New House

Any advice on a builder in NSW who is demanding an extra 22000k after the house is completed and contract paid in full .Standard HIA contract. Never received a variation.…

7/06/2023
Renting knock-down rebuild pre council/demolition

Building A New House

We've had the offer of a short term tenant whilst waiting for CDC/DA home approval and demolition for our knock down rebuild. It would achieve a pretty low rent as it's…

20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum