Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Eagle homes experience

Page 1 of 1
Hi I’m new here,

I recently bought a house and land package from eagle homes. I was wondering if anyone had bad experience building with eagle homes and what I have to look out for. Also it’s 2 seperate contracts so, I can buy that land and build with someone else? I just feel secure with eagle homes cause of the building contract. Let me know your experiences.

Ps. My first time building.
alfiej
Hi I’m new here,

I recently bought a house and land package from eagle homes. I was wondering if anyone had bad experience building with eagle homes and what I have to look out for. Also it’s 2 seperate contracts so, I can buy that land and build with someone else? I just feel secure with eagle homes cause of the building contract. Let me know your experiences.

Hey how was your experience with eagle homes? Please do share. Thanks.
alfiej
Hi I’m new here,

How was your experience with Eagle Homes?
Nina WF
alfiej
Hi I’m new here,

How was your experience with Eagle Homes?

Not that great, very bad communication, constant delays and and asked for more money once we signed 6 months prior their delays due to covid excuses
alfiej
Not that great, very bad communication, constant delays and and asked for more money once we signed 6 months prior their delays due to covid excuses

That original post was from 2020, and it's 2023 now,
so, did you end up completing the build with Eagle Homes ?
(eg. you completed, but after those setbacks & budget blowout? )
qrius
alfiej

That original post was from 2020, and it's 2023 now,
so, did you end up completing the build with Eagle Homes ?
(eg. you completed, but after those setbacks & budget blowout? )

Yep complete but still had problem with there communication and still getting things repaired
alfiej
Yep complete but still had problem with there communication and still getting things repaired

How long did the build take ?
and which state was the build?

I liked one of their designs,
and they were on the shortlist,
because of my budget needs.

So, the more I know about them, the better,...ha

See this ... *source

poseiden
and handover occurred quite some time ago.

Let me put it this way to you ..... I would rather build a mud hut myself then ever build with Eagle Homes again!!
qrius
alfiej

How long did the build take ? A year
and which state was the build? NSW

I liked one of their designs,
and they were on the shortlist,
because of my budget needs.

So, the more I know about them, the better,...ha

I feel the over price for the quality they give you

See this ... *source

poseiden
and handover occurred quite some time ago.

Let me put it this way to you ..... I would rather build a mud hut myself then ever build with Eagle Homes again!!
Empty reply ?
alfiej

How was the Eagle Homes experience been ... ?

They have cheap offers for their designs
and their display homes certainly have the 'wow factor'
A cheap builder is cheap for a reason. You're likely going to have a bad time with a bad outcome. You've even had people here say so.

Shopping around based on price doesn't work in this industry unless you don't care about the quality of your home.
stonesthrow
A cheap builder is cheap for a reason. You're likely going to have a bad time with a bad outcome. You've even had people here say so.
Shopping around based on price doesn't work in this industry unless you don't care about the quality of your home.

Thanks for being candid in your reply.

I guess it's the shock of seeing the building prices post-Covid.
I used to see numbers like "3,4,5" in front of house prices,
ie. 300k, 400k, etc.

Those same houses now are fetching 2,3,4 ... Millions,
all in the space of 25 - 30 years, when house prices rose 10x,
but my salary rose 2x - 3x only.
( I should have bought _anything_ 20 years ago, when I could )

Building costs have also risen, but not only that,
the bushfires, global conflicts & inflation
has created an odd set of circumstances:
high cost, low margins...so, like a profit-less boom.

So, in trying to 'curb my enthusiasm', I'm finding myself drawn to a budget,
rather than drawn to workmanship, and it's hard act now.

I've looked at kit homes and want to even go down that route,
as I can see the price is quite "fixed", and it's the labour that I can _try_ to have control over.
qrius
stonesthrow

Thanks for being candid in your reply.

I guess it's the shock of seeing the building prices post-Covid.
I used to see numbers like "3,4,5" in front of house prices,
ie. 300k, 400k, etc.

Those same houses now are fetching 2,3,4 ... Millions,
all in the space of 25 - 30 years, when house prices rose 10x,
but my salary rose 2x - 3x only.
( I should have bought _anything_ 20 years ago, when I could )

Building costs have also risen, but not only that,
the bushfires, global conflicts & inflation
has created an odd set of circumstances:
high cost, low margins...so, like a profit-less boom.

So, in trying to 'curb my enthusiasm', I'm finding myself drawn to a budget,
rather than drawn to workmanship, and it's hard act now.

I've looked at kit homes and want to even go down that route,
as I can see the price is quite "fixed", and it's the labour that I can _try_ to have control over.

Yeah it's difficult now and I think the gap between haves and have nots has grown significantly over the last few years. We've had to put off building to save and strip out a lot of things to make it work for us. Still need a bigger loan than we wanted. Have stuck with a good quality custom home builder though because we want to try and minimise the likelihood of things going pear shaped.

If you gotta go down that path I think you have to prepare for a tough time and put in a huge amount of diligence. Critique everything and get inspections as much as possible.
Related
9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

20/03/2024
Experience with HBCF insurance claim process NSW

Building A New House

I apologise for any confusion, but your understanding is correct. We approached our situation differently based on advice from…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum