Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Final Inspection Feedback Please

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

We are at the end of our build and have had our private inspector come through and do the final inspection and provide their report.

A few of the items that require rectification in the report include:

- A large dent to a stair tread was filled with timber putty and sanded/stained and now sticks out like the proverbial! - Inspectors report says: Various areas of damage to stair treads, ensure stairs present as new and as per display prior to
handover.
- Front door not parallel, almost a 20mm variance from one side to the other. - Inspectors report says: Door not parallel to sill, rework square and ensure jamb is plumb.
- Significant scratched guttering from Builders trades using ladders. Building Supervisor has advised they won't replace, but will light sand and touch up paint which I have pushed back on. Inspectors report says: Damaged areas greater than 2mm in width will need to be replaced.
- Multiple large scratches on rear stacker door to house. Inspector report says: The powder coat finish on aluminium frames has been damaged through the finished coating. The damage could have been avoided with appropriate protection and care. Individuals are often tempted to spray over the scratches with an aerosol lacquer,which is an inferior product. Acrylic lacquer is soft and offers only moderate durability to ultraviolet, pollution and general dirt and grime. Also, the layer of chromate has not been replaced, which greatly reduces the durability of the coating. Dark colours will fade after moderate UV exposure. If this occurs, we recommend our clients use this paper trail to seek replacement, at that time.

These seem to be the main items that i can see are going to be difficult and costly to repair/replace.

The Builder has pushed back on certain items from previous inspection reports and I can see that they will most likely push back on these harder issues to rectify.

I am prepared to hold my ground and push hard to have these bigger items fixed but was after feedback on any similar issues and outcomes.

Any and all feedback welcomed.

Cheers,

Norts33
Hi,

Check Bluescope Colorbond warranty document or your product warranty. There is a size limit for touch up paint and then product needs to be replaced.

Any painting on Colorbond requires “permission” from Colorbond and they may reduce warranty time or not cover at all.

Roller door company tried to touch-up a friends brand new door. Scratched due to poor installation.
Related
20/06/2023
What's unreasonable to check during a final inspection ?

Building A New House

i would suggest nothing is unreasonable for PCI. we did all sorts, including checking the hot water, checking all the GPO's had power, testing that the showers were…

2/04/2024
Defects/Items found after final inspection

Building A New House

The significant date is when receive final payment invoice Check that section of contract Bit of fluff by builders prior to that

21/07/2023
Final Invoice vs OC

General Discussion

Hi, I am approaching end of the build. My final invoice will be given to me soon to pay. Some context before I ask my question. 1. My builder wont do the landscaping or…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum