Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ceilings height

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,
Has anyone built with 3m ceilings height on ground floor. Is it really worth upgrade from 2.7m and estimate cost please. Also what should be the first floor ceiling height if grond floor is 3m.
Thanks
I went with 3m for ground floor and 2.7m for the first floor. I wish I can go even higher but can't due to estate regulations.

I can't remember how much more it cost but the jump from 2.7m to 3m was pretty significant. Cost also depends on the size of your house. Personally I think if I could do over I'd have gone with 3.2m for ground floor and 2.5m for the first floor.
Freak_Zombie
I went with 3m for ground floor and 2.7m for the first floor. I wish I can go even higher but can't due to estate regulations.

I can't remember how much more it cost but the jump from 2.7m to 3m was pretty significant. Cost also depends on the size of your house. Personally I think if I could do over I'd have gone with 3.2m for ground floor and 2.5m for the first floor.

Hi. Yea the upgrade cost from 2.7 to 3m is quite high roughly 20k...I would love to go 3m if budget allow😊
Sunny 14
Freak_Zombie

Hi. Yea the upgrade cost from 2.7 to 3m is quite high roughly 20k...I would love to go 3m if budget allow😊

Definitely do it if you can afford, that's one of the upgrades you can't change later on.I selected cheaper tiles and stone to make up for the cost of the height upgrades.
Related
12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

31/01/2024
3m ceilings

Building A New House

I was quoting framing timber sizes from Australian Standard AS1684.4 Table A13 for 2700mm wall heights Tile Roof, single storey. This Australian Standard doesn't refer to…

30/05/2023
Replace roof, raise wall height vs extend

Renovation + Home Improvement

ok thanks - yes was wondering if that should have been listed as Option Three!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum