Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 1 of 1
hi all. We are thinking of building for the very first time in Sydney South West and hoping to go with Metricon homes. We are looking for advise and suggestions that we should be aware of before the whole process starts. Anyone who has build with Metricon pls let us know what we should know. The whole process seems exciting yet terrifying at the same time.
Hi Ross,

I am from QLD..If you want to do research about Quality vs Price then below link has some good info..

https://www.stroudhomes.com.au/building-basics/?region=brisbane-south-acreage

I am building here in QLD & It is lock up stage. I have found below points I would like for next build.
- Steel frame is better compare to t2 frame
- if T2 frame then go with 90x45 stud MGP12
- 2 top plated & 1 bottom plates
- 450mm stud spacing for all walls
- 600mm centres roof trusses
- roof - colorbond - Anticon roofing blanket
- min 3.5 R roof insulation
- min 1.5 R wall insulation
- slab min 72 for 125mm (72 for carpet area too)
chetansoni_3141
Hi Ross,

I am from QLD..If you want to do research about Quality vs Price then below link has some good info..

https://www.stroudhomes.com.au/building-basics/?region=brisbane-south-acreage

I am building here in QLD & It is lock up stage. I have found below points I would like for next build.
- Steel frame is better compare to t2 frame
- if T2 frame then go with 90x45 stud MGP12
- 2 top plated & 1 bottom plates
- 450mm stud spacing for all walls
- 600mm centres roof trusses
- roof - colorbond - Anticon roofing blanket
- min 3.5 R roof insulation
- min 1.5 R wall insulation
- slab min 72 for 125mm (72 for carpet area too)

Thank you. Will take that on board.
May I suggest go to facebook and look for a page called Metricon building disasters and join the group for advice on building with them in Sydney. Lots of very helpful people there
timthetoolman44
May I suggest go to facebook and look for a page called Metricon building disasters and join the group for advice on building with them in Sydney. Lots of very helpful people there

agree with you....
Be careful of the sales people - they promise the world and dream home and then disappear after the sales paperwork. Document every discussion through email or in a written format - verbal promises cannot be depended on.

BEWARE OF METRICON SALES REPS.
This principle also applies to site supervisors who will tell you anything to keep the job moving and acheive their KPI's. Talk is cheap!
This principle also applies to site supervisors who will tell you anything to keep the job moving and acheive their KPI's. Talk is cheap!
Metricon is a massive project builder and lots of ppl complain about the whole process with them , you will find a lot of unhappy customers posting on Facebook, horror stories actually, and the happy one tent to stay quiet, their prices seems cheap at the start then they will go up by the time you sign the contract , do your homework and stay on top of them you might end up like the other happy customers, in Sydney they are not known and they don't have noticeable customers, in Melbourne they dominates the market, good luck
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum