Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

HGWA Brabham

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

First post on here and first time builder! I’ve spent many hours reading through other forums on here and have learnt so much in anticipation for our build.

I thought it was about time I created my own post as I’d love to hear feedback and tips and tricks along the way.

My husband and I are building a slightly modified version of The Naples with HomegroupWA.

So far this is how far we are through the process which is notoriously slow with Homegroup! (Patience is a virtue, right?!)

Land deposit paid - 22/6/20
Drawing to category 1 - 23/6/20
House deposit paid - 23/6/20
Finance meeting - 28/7/20
Pre-selections completed - 6/8/20

Now we are just patiently waiting on our tile and laminate meeting followed by pre-start, which we do not have dates for yet. Let’s home the influx on building at the moment because of the grants doesn’t delay the already long process too much.

Floor plan looks good. All the best.
Thanks! ☺️
Looks great! Only thing I'd suggest would be an access door to the back yard from the garage if you needed it, other than that looks really nice! How's the process coming along for you guys??
Nice floorplan, flows well, perhaps a bit more storage required. You can never have enough!

The alcove in the hallway to beds 3 and 4, are you using that space for a storage cupboard? If not then perhaps consider putting one there with shelving for storing general stuff such as kids toys, board games, cameras etc.

Similarly, next to the study there is a recess in the adjacent hall which may be deep enough to install a full height cupboard for jackets and coats. Just a suggestion.

Good luck with your build. 🤞
KodaCujo
Looks great! Only thing I'd suggest would be an access door to the back yard from the garage if you needed it, other than that looks really nice! How's the process coming along for you guys??

Yeah, we were thinking about that. Might add it in at prestart.

We have to wait another 3 weeks to apply for finance due to a few hiccups but hopefully it’s go go go from there! ☺️
Bebbsy
Nice floorplan, flows well, perhaps a bit more storage required. You can never have enough!

The alcove in the hallway to beds 3 and 4, are you using that space for a storage cupboard? If not then perhaps consider putting one there with shelving for storing general stuff such as kids toys, board games, cameras etc.

Similarly, next to the study there is a recess in the adjacent hall which may be deep enough to install a full height cupboard for jackets and coats. Just a suggestion.

Good luck with your build. 🤞

I was definitely thinking of getting a custom made cupboard for the alcove to fit into that space. I work at Bunnings so that’s a bonus.
I wish I had space for a walk in linen but I don’t think that storage will be too much of a problem.

Thanks! Super excited to start building already
MrsCallaghan
KodaCujo

Yeah, we were thinking about that. Might add it in at prestart.

We have to wait another 3 weeks to apply for finance due to a few hiccups but hopefully it’s go go go from there! ☺️

Beauty, fingers crossed! 😁
How is everything progressing for you
arronvl355

Slow! But a few things have recently happened. We finally received formal approval 2 days ago, Prestart booked for 2nd Feb, so really looking forward to that. And titles were finally issued!! So hopefully now that some of this roadblocks are done, it will be full steam ahead : )
MrsCallaghan
arronvl355

Slow! But a few things have recently happened. We finally received formal approval 2 days ago, Prestart booked for 2nd Feb, so really looking forward to that. And titles were finally issued!! So hopefully now that some of this roadblocks are done, it will be full steam ahead : )

Hi 👋
My husband and I are building naples design. How did yours turn our? I'd love to see photos
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum