I am building a new home with Mirvac and it has been a challenges galore. 3 weeks away from contract end, just the bare minimum external work is completed. I felt somehow the quality was not right and got an independent inspection at prelining stage. There were quite a few issues identified. This is the first home I am building and unfortunately I have zero knowledge. I would like to lean on your collective expertise to help me and I would be very grateful for that
1. Does Mirvac have an obligation to fix all the issues identified in the independent report?
2. Can I insist that they give me in writing on the issues they will fix and where they will not fix a reasoning for it.
3. Most of the issues identified were in the frame, since I know zilch I cant workout which one is very serious and which one is superficial. Can any of your advise looking at the below issues
• Walls studs to either side of stairwell window supporting roof load are not
continuous and do not directly transfer roof load to slab, and minor bowing is
already evident to supporting timbers. Area requires rectifications to avoid
structural failure of supporting timbers.
• Metal strap bracing loose to media area, additional fixing recommended.
• Single wall stud has been placed below girder truss to family area to support roof
load, stud is not continuous and no noggins are present between stud, therefore
roof load has not been transferred to slab. Please note size of stud measured
70mm x 35mm, however all external wall studs measured 90mm x 35mm. Highly
recommend stud to be removed and replaced by double 90x35 wall studs which
are directly placed on bottom plate.
• Single wall studs present below girder truss in dining area, installation of additional
wall stud recommended.
• Missing noggin present to powder room
• Various brick veneer ties not fixed off to wall framing in stairwell and games area.
• Brick veneer ties not installed under bedroom three window.