Join Login
Building ForumIntroductions

Introductions Please!

Page 19 of 25
Hi everyone my name is Rochelle
thankyou for putting together a fantastic forum i have been trawling through google for ages trying to get
answers and ideas and then i came accross this wonderful forum and in a couple of weeks i have already learnt so much
at this present time i am a Travel agent and hubby works for mazda. we have 2 children maddie who is 13
and sam who is 7, we are first home buyers and are very new to this game. we are going to be building with
Dennis Family Homes
Hi everyone!

My name is Pat.
I have joined because after just doing kitchen and bathroom reno's in my brothers unit at Chermside something has
clicked inside and I am now looking at everything in my house thinking that can do with a makeover, first to go is the bathroom.
hi,
we are a small family living in our home of 12 years. Finally we have decided we want to build a home more suited to our needs, very nervous about selling our home, buying land, building etc...so many options for us to look at its quite overwhelming. Hoping to get lots of great ideas and advice here. We are interested in having passive solar design, grey water system and keeping our costs down as we are single income
Hi,

My name's Chris and my wife and I recently purchased a house which we are going to demolish and build something new. We live in Manning WA and will be building in South Perth. Some great info here and I look forward to finding more useful information over the coming months as we start to commence the process!

Cheers
Chris
Hi, I am barry looking for some great information here about homes and renovations. Looking forward for your tips and ideas.
Hi, I'm Jo.
We are about to start our third (and final) build. Very exciting times and this forum is fantastic. Love following everyones builds, reno, etc.
Hi I'm Deborah my hubby is currently travelling for work and with all this free time I've decided to finish the renovations that we started about 15 years ago.

I've already got myself into trouble. Today I pulled down our old Clark Rubber pool ( we had dug it about 3 feet into the ground). Now the sand walls are going to collapse!!!

I got on the net in a panic to start getting quotes for our in ground pool before the shed falls into the big hole I made, and found this site.
....and so my adventure begins LOL
Welcome to the looney bin, everyone!
Enjoy your stay!
My name is Bryce and I joined to grab ideas and info off all of you in regards to house and land!

Im looking to get into the market by either finding a block of land, or a crap house with a decent block of which I can knock down and build..possibly renting it out until I find the right block in the right area to build my dream home.
Hey there - so this is going to be my first post in this forum.
It is exactly the kind of source I was looking for and therefore I am really glad of being a member now.

My name is Anita by the way and I always loved to build things with my own hands since I was a little girl and my father taught me how to do stuff on my own without necessarily needing the help of others and on the other hand also when exactly having to ask for help because I could not fix something on my own or because something just needs a more professional eye.

Still, I love it and that is what brought me here - so thanks for having me and I hope I will meet a lot of cool people for discussions and for great chats.

Cheerio,
Anita
Hello everyone! My name is Dino from Syd, and i've started an online resort-style outdoor furniture business. I'm not here to spam but to get better insights of what people are thinking, designing, buying, etc, especially for outdoor living. It's great to see so much input floating around, so many helpful people. Very inspiring!
Hi all, my name is Adam from Launceston, TAS. I'm a self employed draftsman working in the industrial, commercial and residential areas.

I just bought my first house, a 1954 brick vaneer 3 bedroom with some great art deco features. Whilst we're not planning full-blown renovations I will be updating the place over the next couple of years.
Hi Everyone
I have been following the forum for a while, but thought I'd should finally join in on the discussion!.
We are looking at building a new home, or at the least undertaking a very substantial renovation to our existing bungalow.. At this stage, given costs, more likely to be building new.. Weighing up your project builders vs your smaller custom builder.. Looking forward to learning and sharing on the forum!..
Hi peoples, I'm a photographer from south australia looking for anyone who might be interested in helping me develop me interiors/architectural portfolio. No charge, just scratching each others back
Hi Everyone!

New to the forum first home builders! We just found a block in the WA suburb of Wellard (Between Kwinana and Rockingham, as no one seems to have a clue where it is lol.) Block is 9.3m across the front and 18m+3m truncation across the back so we feel it has great potential! Set on Dreamstart for the build and we plan on doing a lot after the build ourselves to keep costs down. The front width of the block has been a nightmare with all the ready-made plans but Dreamstart has been very helpful so far and we will hopefully recieve some altered plans by the end of the week so we can get the ball rolling. Also would love to hear from anyone that has built with Dreamstart, the good the bad and the ugly. Been reading for weeks and feel we will learn a lot. We already have a million questions and want to start allocating the budget so I'd best get to posting. Look forward to speaking to everyone!
Welcome to the friendly home building and renovation community FirstBuildBoys (including all those that have recently joined).

We hope you find our forums abundant in value and useful information.
Hello, my name is Aly and I am new to this forum.
Sorry I posted a question before introducing myself.
We have just moved into a new home in Taylor's Hill which is very nice.
Other than my question about the windows everything has gone smoothly.
So I look forward to getting to know other members and hearing their stories.
Hi Everyone,
I've made a couple posts but never introduced myself.
My Name is Rob, and my Partner is Mel. We are both Sales Reps, and live in Noble Park

We are just about to sub divide her parents property to build a townhouse at the rear, her parents are getting old and unable to maintain a huge block, and refuse to move.

I appreciate the hard work that has gone into this forum, and taking a lot of advice on board, as we are both first home buyers/builders, its a very scary thing to get involved with. We are getting an Architect to take care of the permits & subdivision. which will start in the next couple weeks, so hopefully early next year we will be right to build
Hi Everyone!!

My name is Vicky and my partner and I purchased our first home together last week! We will be renting it out for a about a year before we start some kitchen/bathroom/laundry renos. I know this forum will just be a wealth of information!!
Really looking forward to participating
hello to everyone
this is bernadette here.
firstly, thanks to the sponsors for this great forum.
ive been a member of an american forum at woodenboat.com since 1999. sailing and building boats is my usual distraction.... however, today i signed a contract on a block of land. i actually came home from the real estate office feeling a little bit uneasy about the whole procees. i think it was just the shock of starting out on this land based adventure!
anyhow, i am a late starter at this house building gig.
i am currently part way through building my third cruising yacht but i have always wanted to have a 'home base' and now is the time to do this.
so i hope to be able to gather a lot of information from the forum and also meet some nice people along the way.

bernadette
Related
You are here
Building ForumIntroductions
Home
Pros
Forum