Join Login
Building ForumIntroductions

Building our first home in Vic!

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone

Thought id intorduce myself as Ive been lurking for a while getting advice but will now be able to actually contribute! I'm Lila-Rose and Mr LR and I are building our first home together.
We have bought land but are currently waiting for it to title. Have decided (as much as I want to) not to disclose where we have purchased just due to net security as I will be posting pics of house and let's just say due to my line of work am quite conscious of remaining anonymous!!!
However we are building with the Big M and have signed to build the Santorini 29. We have done colours and everything now just waiting for the land. May start a build thread when things all kick off to share my excitement!
Hi Lila, welcome!

It's such an exciting time building your first home. My partner and I are building for the first time also. We're building with dennis family homes.

What colours are you having?
Thanks! It is very exciting however I am getting very impatient waiting for our land to title
for exterior we have gone for dark brown bricks, greyish brown colourbond roof with a beuge/sandy coloured render.
Inside we have gone for shades of chocolate brown, white, and beige. All fairly neutral but also matches our current furniture.
Good luck with your build! Just came across this tip from a Melbourne custom builder: "Make the Construction Supervisor your greatest friend in the world, at least for the duration of the building journey... We are all human, and you will get the very best treatment if you follow this advice, and extend the general attitude to all the trades who work on your home. They will be likely to prioritise your job, and you will benefit." Not sure if it works the same way with the "big guys" (I have had more experience with small to medium size custom builders) but I'm sure it's still a good idea!
lila rose
Thanks! It is very exciting however I am getting very impatient waiting for our land to title
for exterior we have gone for dark brown bricks, greyish brown colourbond roof with a beuge/sandy coloured render.
Inside we have gone for shades of chocolate brown, white, and beige. All fairly neutral but also matches our current furniture.

Just found your thread, we are also in Vic! Building with Henley and a fairly dark brick on the outside

Has your land titled yet?
Hi lila rose, I hope ur land has titled by now... please say it has! Look forward to hearing some good news and how ur build is coming along!

Related
You are here
Building ForumIntroductions
Home
Pros
Forum