Join Login
Building ForumIntroductions

Building our first home in the ACT!

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys

Just a quick message to say hello! I have been browsing these pages for a few months now and finally managed to sign up! It seems like a fantastic place to share ideas and learn lots of new things!

My partner and I are currently in the 'design' stages of building our first home here in Canberra and both she and I are extremely new to the whole process! We are very excited, but also a little intimidated by the enormity of it all - so many things to learn and think about!

That said, we have engaged a Building Designer who has lots of experience and a good reputation, so things are going pretty well so far! So far we have pretty much finalised the layout of our house and seen some initial elevations. I'll try and post them soon; it would be great to get some thoughts and suggestions!

Look forward to hopefully chatting with some of you over the coming months!

Cheers
Adam
Welcome Adam,

Hope we can all be of asistance, and yes we would love to see your plans(we are a bunch of sticky beaks!!
)
Howdy and welcome......

Ve vont to zee your papers, plans, ze pictures......schnell.....
Thanks for the welcome! I'll try and post the floor plan and elevations soon, i'd love some comments! Thanks again!
Draft elevations and floor plan...
Hi and welcome, we are also building in the ACT up at Forde - your house looks great!

Paul
enigma_brennan
Hi and welcome, we are also building in the ACT up at Forde - your house looks great!

Paul

Hi! And thanks! Sorry the pictures aren't great, we're still pretty early on and just trying to finalise layouts etc!

Are you building with a particular builder? Good luck with the project - look forward to hearing about your progress!

Adam
Nice digs!
Your plans look great, love the elevations.
Quote:
Are you building with a particular builder? Good luck with the project - look forward to hearing about your progress!

Yes, Classic Constructions - currently waiting for land to be registered - hopefully in about six weeks. What about you - selected a builder yet?

Paul
Welcome to the forum Adam!

The house looks fantastic, i think the three of you have done a wonderful job so far. Can't wait to see your colour/material selections.

It is always nice to see a house that is different from the norm.

By the way, there a lot of sticky-beaks amongst us, so feel free to share plenty of pictures of your journey with us!

Welcome aboard!!
looks great!!

looking forward to seeing it finished!!
enigma_brennan

Yes, Classic Constructions - currently waiting for land to be registered - hopefully in about six weeks. What about you - selected a builder yet?

Paul

Good luck with it all - be great to see things start moving for you!

We haven't decided on a builder yet, basically waiting to get our plans developed, then planning on taking them to a view builders and getting some quotes! Hopefully we can find someone fairly quick!

By the way...thanks everyone for the welcome!!
look forward to learning lots from you all!
Hi everyone

We have just moved to the ACT recently and have purchased a block in Forde.
I came across this site while researching and all I can say is what a breath of fresh air it was to find. We have only started looking at designs and can only benefit from a forum like this. Any info regarding good/bad builders,etc from you Canberrans would greatly be appreciated.Hope to maybe meet some new neighbors along the way.

Many thanks the ride has just begun
paddy
Hi everyone

We have just moved to the ACT recently and have purchased a block in Forde.
I came across this site while researching and all I can say is what a breath of fresh air it was to find. We have only started looking at designs and can only benefit from a forum like this. Any info regarding good/bad builders,etc from you Canberrans would greatly be appreciated.Hope to maybe meet some new neighbors along the way.

Many thanks the ride has just begun

Welcome to the forum!!

Enjoy it here and dont forget we are a bunch of sticky beaks!! We love photos
Related
You are here
Building ForumIntroductions
Home
Pros
Forum