Join Login
Building ForumIntroductions

poh in da house

Page 1 of 1
Hi all! Another newbie here. Had been spending the last few months hunting for my first home. Dont have any luck as most of the houses I like are out of my reach....

Anyway, 2 weeks ago saw a property in Bundoora, VIC, which I kinda like. So, I am hoping to get some advices on what should I do next as I have no experience in the property game (except MONOPOLY). Some of my friends said I should get the building inspected first before buying, some said give them an offer first, some said I should get a solicitor first etc...I am so tired and stressed. How I wish buying my dream home would be as easy as playing Monopoly.

p/s anyone from Bundoora? just wanna know if it is a nice surburb to live in. thanks
Hi Poh, sorry I dont have much to offer about whether to get builders check etc first but wanted to say that I grew up in Watsonia which is the next suburb from Budoora and yes Bundoora is a very nice suburb....

good luck with your house hunting!
hi leanne,
thank you for your reply. regarding the property in bundoora, unfortunately the owner rejected my offer....

so, i guess i have to start from the begining again for house hunting, which can be quite tiring some times. anyway, will keep you guys posted once i bought my place. hopefully will have a big house warming party then! hehehehee
hey poh, whenever you make an offer, make it pending to finance and a building inspection. Unless ofcourse your able to buy the house cash.
That way, if the builders report comes back bad your not out in the dark. Should the owner not allow a building inspection, they might be insulted, or more than likely covering something up.
David.
Related
You are here
Building ForumIntroductions
Home
Pros
Forum