Just joined the forum. We've been renovating for 7 months now and moving onto the landscape project, looking forward to chatting and advice etc etc.
Re: hi from melbourne7
Jan 31, 2008 10:41 am
Thanks everyone. Yes, we love Ashwood, it's a nice little pocket.
Al - we've done loads, but nothing quite complete, so no glamour photos, will see what I can pull out along the way.
In seven months we've
- knocked out a wall to open plan the kitchen/living area
- polished the floorboards
- put new carpet in all bedrooms
- put an island bench into the kitchen
- built a walk in pantry
- fitted out the laundry
- pulled out all the existing garden (read jungle)
- built merbau side gates and bin area
- fitted wardrobe to main bedroom
- fitted out office, painted and completed (yay one room finished!)
- fitted cavity slider to guest room (it was narrow) painted and completed (another room finished!)
- New blinds throughout
- DH currently working on storm water and drainage around pool
Still to do:
- Water Tank
- New Windows
- New Front Door
- Landscaping around Pool
- Cubby House
- Render front of house
- Excavate front, complete with new driveway and retaining wall and lanscaping
- French doors off kitchen to replace existing corner window
- Tiling of Laundry
- New Bathroom and Ensuite
- Retiling and railing on front porch
- Painting of rest of interior - dh has a paint phobia!
phewwwww - we also have two kids under 3. This project is certainly bigger and harder than we imagined! But we love it!
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic