Join Login
Building ForumIntroductions

Did you ever think.....

Page 1 of 1
....why did I not just buy someone elses house instead of renovating my own.

Nah...where's the fun in that

Names Al, live in the burbs of Melbourne. Bought a lovely renovated 1956 triple fronted weatherboard house and moved in with my wife.

Then we had boy number one. Was all good......but the loungeroom soon became a play room. Then boy number 2 came and we figured we were running out of room.

Tossed up whether to buy something bigger or extend. Figured extending would be cheaper as I would do most myself. Yeah...good one

Then child number 3 was on her way........

Currently we have 2 months to get the house finally inspected....but it's not the end by any stretch of the imagination.

Hope to shed and glean some insight in time.

Al
Al,

Welcome!

Look forward to sharing some of those awesome reno stories in here with you! You know the ones where everything is perfect...

Matt
Do you sing 'you can call me Al' all the time??

Pardon my ignorance (or stupidity) .. but what is 'triple fronted'???
Amber
Pardon my ignorance (or stupidity) .. but what is 'triple fronted'???

Amber,

my understanding is that it is the width of three rooms.

ie single fronted is about 4-5 metres wide, double 8-10 metres nd triple about 13-15 metres wide.

Matt
Yeah, what Matt said is my understanding as well.

And I didn't sing that song in my head....until now.
Sorry Al ... maybe start singing Spider Pig instead to get the other song out of your head!!

Looking forward to seeing the photos of the reno and hearing the stories!!!
That looks like it will be a fun project; want to post a photo of the back?
Please excuse the old pics....it was 7 years ago and the quality degrades from sitting on the hard drive so long.

This pic is not long after I built a 7mx4m pergola on the back of the house. Paved area underneath was under construction in this pic.
Plenty of room for an extension out there!
Then you’ll have less mowing to do!

I personally like the old style homes and cottages; I think they have a lot of character.
Bit more work involved, but at least their not “square concrete blocks” like some of the newer homes.
Michelle
Plenty of room for an extension out there!
Then you’ll have less mowing to do!

My thoughts exactly

But I wasn't allowed the 5 car garage right across the back of the block though. I argued there would be less to mow etc but it fell on deaf ears.
Al
But I wasn't allowed the 5 car garage right across the back of the block though. I argued there would be less to mow etc but it fell on deaf ears.

Just build it. She won't notice.
Too late now I'm afraid.

By the way....where's the shed section on this site?
Related
You are here
Building ForumIntroductions
Home
Pros
Forum