Join Login
Building ForumMove Management

Moving into a place with everything still there from owner

Page 1 of 1
My new apartment has been sold furnished, which is fine and dandy, but it seems to also be coming with all the half eaten food in the pantry and half used and expired medication in the bathroom medicine cabinet. lol. Is this normal?

I don't mind just chucking it all out, but is the owner supposed to do any sort of clean before settlement? It's an interstate owner, who is 92 years old and her son is power of attorney. He lives interstate too. I think the property was used mainly as their holiday home.
Maybe through your solicitor or conveyancer negotiate on reduction in price so you can pay a cleaner! Question is, how do you know all that stuff is and still will be there if you haven't settled? Or did you settle already? If that's the case I guess I'd just suck it up and pay the cleaner.

Custom knockdown rebuild Newcastle NSW
viewtopic.php?t=78271
Well, we assume it'll still be there at settlement because the owner and son both live in Sydney and it doesn't seem like they've moved anything out of there in recent years.

We've got our pre-settlement inspection this Saturday and then settlement is the following Friday. Yay!

We are going to get a cleaner to just come in and clean it all before we commence our basic renovations.
Related
19/08/2023
Getting decking ready to sell the place

Landscape & Garden Design

Use a product like Equisol's Vitalise to clean the deck then coat with a penetrating timber oil. It will look 10 years younger and add value to your home. Visit for…

19/11/2023
Expertise on keeping large pavers in place driveway

Renovation + Home Improvement

Appreciate that Chippy. I won’t do sand under pavers and will connect all up under pavers, however I was going to do: 1) Roadbase compacted with manual hand tamper 2)…

You are here
Building ForumMove Management
Home
Pros
Forum