Join Login
Building ForumMove Management

Removal companies of concern

Page 1 of 1
It is with great disappointment that I feel the need to post this. A small job to move some furniture prompted us to engage Moving again in Brisbane. Online there were assurances they were professional and great care would be taken with all furniture, felt wrapped and delivered in trucks. On arrival the furniture went into the truck, no protection, no felt. Worse still was when it arrived at our destination, it arrived on the back of a ute, no protection from the weather, no felt and badly damaged. We were advised that was already like that. On calling Moving again to discuss the situation, we were advised that the damaged furniture was already in that condition and that it wasn't their fault. Please ensure that you exhaust all removal quotes before considering these cowboys.
Sorry to hear this, are you claiming for any damages?

We had a bad experience with Stacks Removals in Melbourne, they caused approx $2000 damage when we moved house. They claimed to have insurance but wouldn't pay so to cut a long story short I filed a claim with VCAT. We settled out of court and they paid $1250 in damages.

Don't let these cowboys get away with it if there is something you can do to get money for damages then sue them.

Good luck.
Related
20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

25/07/2023
Peeling plastic laminate - advice on removal?

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

At a bit of a loss on this one - we're thinking the original owners never removed the protective laminate covers from their kitchen cabinets after installation and in the…

You are here
Building ForumMove Management
Home
Pros
Forum