Join Login
Building ForumMove Management

Self Storage options

Page 1 of 1
We're getting to the point now where we will really HAVE to try and sell our current house, so that means Open House time - I've been de-clutttering as much as I can for the past few months, but now I'm down to the stuff I want to keep but don't want or need ****** aroundat the moment. So, we'll have to put things into storage..

Has anyone used any of those storage options where they bring a container/pod etc to your house, then you pack it and then they take it away and store it? Just trying to work out if this is a better option then renting the garage type unit and trundling all the stuff up there ourselves. Any opinions or experience would be great!
we had three containers delivery to our block it was 15.00 a week each , we could have store it at the company but we would had to have our furniture moved there.but we are in qld only trouble with storage on our block was that they could not be insurance but we were living on the block in a caravan anyway we had no were to go anyway
I looked at this link last week and it seems there are a few options out there. We just used a company called TAXIBOX (taxiboxmobileselfstorage.com.au). They brought a smallish container to my work and were reasonably priced when i compared to others (even compared to regular storage facilities). Good service too. Recommend.
Digging up a slightly old thread, but thought I could add to this thread. We are building at the moment, and renting a small house in the mean time. We have used http://portableondemandstorage.com.au/ to store some of our larger items that wouldn't fit in the house while we build. Its been great! They droped the box at our house, we fill it up with what ever we wanted (with some guidelines, eg. no gas bottles), and then they take it to their facility. Costs around $200pm. Then they deliver it back to our new house when we request it. We unload it in our own time and they take it away when your done. No messing around with tailors/ trucks back and forth from the storage facility etc. Its also your lock and key on the pod, so no one has access to it. And with about 24 hours notice you can get access to your pod at the storage facility if you need it. Fantastic system, couldn't recommend it more.

That and the "Podzilla's" they use are [edited out profanity] cool!
Related
18/11/2023
level the ground with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB boa

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi guys, I want to do some floor levelling before laying the planks and am considering doing it with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB board. I am wondering which one…

19/05/2023
Cladding Options -- Pros, Cons

General Discussion

Standard uninsulated double brick has an R value of around 0.7. An insulated standard 90mm stud timber frame can have an R value of around 2.7. Even if you insulate a…

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

You are here
Building ForumMove Management
Home
Pros
Forum