Join Login
Building ForumFeng Shui

Hallway

Page 1 of 1
Are there any Feng Shui experts out there???

Does anyone know if it is bad feng shui to have the front and back doors inline in a house? Our front door and hallway leads straight to the backdoor.
It is said that if your back and front door are in direct alignment money will flow straight in through the front door and then out the back door.

Do you have anything in the hallway, such as plants, furniture, pictures on the walls? Any of these could help slow the energies down.
Hmmmm that doesn't sound good at all.

There is a door halfway down the hall that can be closed but the hall is too small for much else.
Hi Bella,

If you cannot use furniture to help slow down the energies you can use pictures or photo's on the wall. Next time you walk into a house with a long corridor notice how fast you walk and if you stop to admire any pictures etc, this is symbolic of the energies slowing down.
OK thanks.

We already have 3 pictures hanging in the hallway so maybe that will help. Might be able to squeeze in one of those really thin hallway tables.
easy solution:

retro doorway beads!!
Oh that's not quite Edwardian is it?!??!
Pretty though.
hi guys. i'm new to this forum and the topics are really interesting. especially for me and my wife (1st time home buyers).

we are building the langham and the master's bedroom's door opens up to the courtyard. so in effect, the bedroom door is facing the courtyard door. is this bad feng shui?

please see picture.

thanks in advance.
As far as I remember with feng shui if doors are in alignment you are letting the flow of energy out.

BUT…As far as design goes….I like your room, and couldn’t think of anything better than having a view to the court yard.

It’s a great way to wake up of a morning looking out at the greenery.

Give the feng shui a miss, your room looks great! It has potential for a stunning Master Bedroom space.

I wish it was mine!!

If you’re concerned about the energy flow, move the main hall door over to the right.
Feng Shui is more than just energy flow.
It's about connecting with nature in the right way, and that includes our rooms of solitude, bathing and living.

So if you want to review how the shui of it fits, grab a book designed for the southern hemisphere and have a read.

Steve
thanks guys for the tips.

thanks Michelle for appreciating our floorplan. we really want to make good use of the bedroom courtyard but not sure yet of what to put in it.
we are also planning to move the sliding door to the ensuite side so the 2 doors don't face each other.

any good feng shui book title that you guys would recommend?

thanks.
I've found this book pretty easy to read for grasping the concepts, reasons why, examples etc.

"Feng Shui by Hemispheres"

It explains the principles in a pretty easy manner and is designed to explain the southern hemisphere adjustments.

ISBN 1 86476 266 7

Steve
It is said that if your back and front door are in direct alignment money will flow straight in through the front door and then out the back door.

My doors aren't arranged that way.

However I am married............ SAME AFFECT!

Ash.
good stuff... thanks yak_chat.
Guest wrote:
Quote:

Ash Wrote
Quote:
My doors aren't arranged that way.

However I am married............ SAME AFFECT!

I could say more......
So I will.
It's all about having common goals and discussing them together all the time.
Steve
Related
23/10/2023
Alternative to hallway?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Might cheaper to changer your idea of what makes a home, have you considered building a porch?

21/10/2023
Hallway arch - hoping to make less ugly

Interior Decorating Lounge

at most it will have a short lintel which could be moved up just below the ceiling or even above. Above means you need to patch the cornice and might need to deal with…

9/02/2024
Long hallway lighting suggestions

Building A New House

What? It's a lighting question, the control joint is only needed at 12m centres, a bulkhead or change of direction will suffice as a 'break' in the ceiling, just make…

You are here
Building ForumFeng Shui
Home
Pros
Forum