Join Login
Building ForumFeng Shui

Feng Shui Experts

Page 1 of 1
garyFinn
Oh... and if you can call yourself a feng shui master... how is it that the Sze Yup temple in Glebe faces a directly opposing direction to the Chinese temple in nearby Alexandria? That simple little question has always puzzled me.

I'm not a feng shui master, just a student, but traditional feng shui is based on houses, or temples, being built in the Northern Hemisphere.

As things like the sun can have an effect on feng shui the orientation should change for buildings in the Southern Hemisphere.

North and South change but East and West don't change as the sun still rises in the east and sets in the West

Perhaps the builders of one of these temples didn't think this through and used Chinese Feng Shui and the builders of the other used Aussie Feng Shui.
I have always wondered about that. Most Feng Shui books (well - all of the ones I've seen anyway) are written in the northern hemisphere where north and south orientations are reversed.

Do we just read north for south and south for north when reading these books?
Amadio
Do we just read north for south and south for north when reading these books?

Thats what I did for my house
Right, the North/South switch for us here is the only change. All the other considerations, such as running water, high ground at the rear, furniture and interior arrangements, mirrors in particular, and colours, remain the same.
It's so nice to see your post, I appreciate it very much!
Nice post I want to know more about FS.
Haha my wife is Chinese and it does my head in. Cannot have front door able to view back door- money flows out. Stairs cannot be inline with the front door. Cooker cannot face sink. And it goes on and on.....

Working in Asia in banking every trading room has a FS person look at the dealing room to ensure all is good.

All seems to be common sense a lot of it.

Cheers
Mark
There are tons of these things. It get really interesting as these includes your house siting.. when is a good time to start your build.. etc.. the list goes on for days.

Some of those are really logical thou.. ie: you wouldn't want non moving water in front of your house. The dead water as Feng Shui said can be a nice home for mosquitoes. lol I guess no one would want that.
Sorry but you do not change things for the different Hemisphere. With Traditional Feng Shui you use a compass and East is east no matter where you are in the world. Do pilots change things around when they fly across the different hemispheres?

Unfortunately a lot of stuff you read about is really, really basic. Every home is different. I am building my home and have used Feng Shui to ensure my design and land choice works for us rather than against us.

I recommend checking out - www.fengshuiliving.com.au
PennoDream
Sorry but you do not change things for the different Hemisphere. With Traditional Feng Shui you use a compass and East is east no matter where you are in the world. Do pilots change things around when they fly across the different hemispheres?

Pilots and other navigators know that in the northern hemisphere the sun is to the south and in the southern hemisphere it is to the north.
Correct - but the actual compass reading gas do not change.
I guess Feng Shui has to deal more with magnetic fields rather than with the sun position, therefore, there is no difference between hemispheres, magnetic north and south are always the same.
Related
21/08/2023
Experts, experts everywhere.

General Discussion

I totally agree with everything you have written. Thanks again for your always excellent input and advice. I really enjoy reading your posts cheers Simeon

You are here
Building ForumFeng Shui
Home
Pros
Forum