Join Login
Building ForumFeng Shui

Front door faces neighbour.

Page 1 of 1
I've read that the ba gua is determined by where your front door is located and that dragon and tiger placement is when you're looking out of your front door. I ask then... is the front of my house that faces the road? When facing my house from the road you see only two windows. The front door is actually facing the neighbour on the left, so then is the front of my house really the side of my house and the side of my house really the front of my house? See I'm confused!
Hi Magenta,
Yes it does get confusing.

I'm not very experienced
but I have a book called "Feng Shui by Hemispheres" which might help you.

It was written by a guy in Adelaide and he explains most feng shui principles for both Northern and Southerne hemispheres in a pretty simple to understand manner.

ISBN 1 86476 266 7

In the Ba Gua relationship area he talks about the entrance being the one that we call the "main entrance"

Be it on the left right or front of the house it is the door "we come home to"
and "leave from"
You then measure/setup the ba gua, ch'i etc, based on this door being the entrance to our house.

Page 102.

Go buy the book.
You'll enjoy it.

It also sorts out the north south roll it around in your head orientation conversions.

Hope this helps.
Steve
Wow, these posts are great.

Ha ha, I'm really getting into the Feng Shui details, reading the top comment, darn I was confused.
I might be in the market for the book
if your front door is facing a T-junction, definitely put a 'ba gua', if your front door is facing a neighbor, and not too happy with that neighbour, put a 'ba gua' too.
Bagua, I had to research what this is. Now I understand its purpose. Thanks! I'll discuss with my wife if we need to add one to our home.
Why are you dragging up a thread 2.5years old?

Related
31/01/2024
Front door issues

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

AS2047 Section 6 Page 31 speaks to Construction/Tolerances of Windows and external glazed doors in buildings Check also New South Wales Guide to Standards and Tolerances,…

26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

25/05/2023
Front Gate handle keeps coming off

General Discussion

Get some long brass machine screws and bolt right through the gate and put brass acorn nuts and washers on the other side. It will never come off

You are here
Building ForumFeng Shui
Home
Pros
Forum