Join Login
Building ForumFeng Shui

Master bedroom

Page 1 of 1
This is a photo of our bedroom in our rental house. Our new house hasn't even started construction so I need to make this bedroom work better for me as we'll be here for at least 9-12 months.

I suffer from nightmares nearly every night. I feel very uncomfortable in this room when trying to go to sleep and am waking many times a night. There are too many doors I feel. The far right one is our ensuite, the middle is our wardrobe and the far left is the door that leads to the hallway plus there is a mirror which is pretty much center with our bed.

Dh works away 9 nights out of a fortnight so I'm not sure if it's that that's not making me get a good sleep or if the bedroom has bad feng shui.

Please help, what can I do to improve it?

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/stiltkins75/DSC02066Medium.jpg
Since you have master the art of posting photos
….can I see more of the room?
A photo of each aspect?
Out of interest, if you can say, what are your nightmares about?
House related?
I think its the mirror reflecting the bed. They said its not good feng shui. But we had a similar set up with bed and mirror in our previous rental and it was ok. But its worth a try to move the mirror or cover it up.
Sure, here are more pics. Excuse the weeds

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/stiltkins75/DSC02067Medium.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/stiltkins75/DSC02069Medium.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/stiltkins75/DSC02070Medium.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/stiltkins75/DSC02071Medium.jpg

My nightmares are always about myself or my loved ones being attacked/killed. I wake up very frightened sometimes. I was thinking of putting my chest or drawers in front of the mirror to block it.
Mirror looks like it is stuck onto the wall, but covering it with some colourful fabric could work.

I find it very interesting as what affects one person and not the other.
I personally would not put a mirror at the end of my bed……
Michelle
I personally would not put a mirror at the end of my bed……

Neither would I. It would give me the creeps, waking up & while half asleep think someone was standing at the foot of my bed.
The colour of the walls is a relaxing colour, so that’s a plus straight way for you!
I would move the open tall boy next to the dresser in front of the mirror, or your dresser as you said.

I do have a problem with the amount of doors on the left hand side of the room….too many!
But this should not have anything to do with your dreams.
Possibly change your curtains to an off white or white.

In all honest as a design issue, bar all the doors, I don’t see too big a problem in this room.

You may need to look deeper within yourself about your dreams.
I went and saw a psychic healer many years ago, he knew so much about it and I told him nothing. He did say that one of my "guides" lives in the darkness and that if I want to meet him to leave my wardrobe door open with a chair in front of it and just before I fall asleep say outloud, "present yourself" and when I wake next he would be there, sitting down.
No way am I doing that
Maybe it's that, I feel like I'm being watched.
Wow! l was just researching this myself the other day!

It's the mirror!......can it be removed and then reinstated once your going to move out of the home? If not, it needs to be covered.

Check out this article l found which had feng shui tips for the bedroom (there's an annoying pop-up when load the page, just close it to remove it):

http://www.spiritual.com.au/articles/he ... edroom.htm

Hope it helps!
PM sent....
I've never seen tiles in a bedroom before! but I guess up in FNQ it would make sense to have them throughout the whole house.
wakeboardandy
I've never seen tiles in a bedroom before! but I guess up in FNQ it would make sense to have them throughout the whole house.

Yep….it’s very common, thanks to the heat they have.
Yes we have tiles throughout the whole house. In our new house we're having carpet in the bedrooms and can't wait! I'm so looking forward to walking on something soft when getting out of bed. My feet ache by the end of the day

Thorney - thanks for that link, interesting read.
We have a dressing table with a large mirror such that it is at the foot of the bed like this, can't say it stops me sleeping, had same configuration in old house too; apart from being able to see yourself in bed (I might give myself nightmares!!
) I can't see any issue with this.

Not being a believer of feng shui or psychic stuff, I suggest you look at other causes: family stress. late night TV etc or are you on any medications; some medications are known to cause nightmares in some people - Mogodon especially?
Great link Thorney, thanks very much!
it is not good to have the bed facing a mirror... meaning that when you wake up and situp, you can see yourself in the mirror.
try covering all mirrors in the bedroom with a cloth before you sleep. thats what my dad does.
otherwise install the mirror in the toilet or behind the cabinet door.
Although some find it cool to have mirrors in the bedroom, it is somehow creepy. Nevertheless, interesting points you've made here. Thanks!
Related
30/08/2023
Builder has set mediation with Master Builders GC. Any tips

Renovation + Home Improvement

Thank you so much. This has been very helpful. We definitely wish to settle and get these people out of our life. They are trying to charge us interest on late…

12/12/2023
Rumpus conversion to a master with ensuite

Renovation + Home Improvement

From the information posted it looks to me your rumpus room is nothing more than extended garage. That will present a number of challenges. Single brick wall between…

22/05/2023
Bedroom Windows questions

Building A New House

Personally, considering your layout (study/work desks in bedrooms), I don't think you have any other option but to leave NW windows and make them as big as possible e.g.…

You are here
Building ForumFeng Shui
Home
Pros
Forum