Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Ventilation with floor to ceiling windows in upstairs bedroo

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I wondered if someone could help me.

I’m at the design stage of my new home. For the upstairs master bedroom I would like to have large floor to ceiling windows however I’d like something that can be opened slightly for ventilation.

After a quick bit of googling it seems like awning/casement windows of this size don’t seem to be readily available. What are my options? Could I go for a stacker door instead with restricted opening given that it’s on the second floor and greater than 2m drop?

Cheers
We have louvres in our upper level floor to ceiling windows . They do need to be special ones where the glass panels can’t easily be removed though to prevent people falling.

With a stacker door you’d have to have a balustrade, something like this...

Eddie86
Hi,

I wondered if someone could help me.

I’m at the design stage of my new home. For the upstairs master bedroom I would like to have large floor to ceiling windows however I’d like something that can be opened slightly for ventilation.

After a quick bit of googling it seems like awning/casement windows of this size don’t seem to be readily available. What are my options? Could I go for a stacker door instead with restricted opening given that it’s on the second floor and greater than 2m drop?

Cheers

At 'EcoEco' we do those in double glazed, awning and casement.
Related
24/08/2023
Can I move my home Gym workout station upstairs?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I have a home gym at home. It weights 150KG including the weight stack. I'm a big boy, around 150KG myself. I was thinking about moving it up stairs to the second…

1/10/2023
Pest Proofing Ventilation gaps in brick veneer home

General Discussion

Brass fly wire, you will need to cut it, shape it and jam it into brick slots

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum