Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

What configuration/layout for bedroom windows?

Page 1 of 1
We have 3 bedrooms that we need to have windows, roughly the size of 2360 tall x 1800 wide.
What sort of configuration would you suggest?
I have been taking note of alot of windows these days and every house seems to be different.
The current windows are 4 panels, 1 that has a chain winder. This seems to be an older style and I don't see too many houses using this style.

I was thinking of this style below but not sure what the advantages/disadvantages of different styles are.

Does anyone have any recommendations or thoughts as to what windows they prefer?
What exactly are window grills?
The first style is awning and i think they are timeless and look good. I much prefer them over slding. The other style (casement i presume?) also look good!
lockmac
We have 3 bedrooms that we need to have windows, roughly the size of 2360 tall x 1800 wide.
What sort of configuration would you suggest?
I have been taking note of alot of windows these days and every house seems to be different.
The current windows are 4 panels, 1 that has a chain winder. This seems to be an older style and I don't see too many houses using this style.

I was thinking of this style below but not sure what the advantages/disadvantages of different styles are.

Does anyone have any recommendations or thoughts as to what windows they prefer?

I like the horizontal windows with the top sash opening as you have the above. It's a modern look, uncluttered and symmetrical.
Related
22/05/2023
Bedroom Windows questions

Building A New House

Personally, considering your layout (study/work desks in bedrooms), I don't think you have any other option but to leave NW windows and make them as big as possible e.g.…

30/06/2023
Bedroom Windows

Building A New House

Hi, I'm planning to build a new house and wanted to get some feedback on the different window designs for a master bedroom. Our bedroom is north facing and the bed will…

8/05/2023
Opinion on Ensuite layout

Building A New House

Thanks for the suggestion. The space between shower and sinks was too tight. I agree about the toilet location. So I have tried two other options: The lower one is…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum