Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Window pricing

Page 1 of 1
Hi, can anyone point me to some kind of price guide for different types of windows?
BBJ
Hi, can anyone point me to some kind of price guide for different types of windows?

No such thing if you want specific comparisons, but something like this will give you a broad indication. However to get specific prices, you will need to get quotes and compare.
Thanks but that link didn’t work.
I know I need a quote for specific prices but I’d like some guidelines-wondering things like whether a fixed glass panel 2400 wide is a lot more expensive than a sliding window that wide or if three fixed panels 800 wide each to get the 2400 width is much cheaper? Something with rough prices would help me compare and see that louvres are double the cost of some other kind or whatever.
Thanks
BBJ
I know I need a quote for specific prices but I’d like some guidelines-wondering things like whether a fixed glass panel 2400 wide is a lot more expensive than a sliding window that wide or if three fixed panels 800 wide each to get the 2400 width is much cheaper? Something with rough prices would help me compare and see that louvres are double the cost of some other kind or whatever.
Thanks

Did you actually type your question into a search engine? That's all I did to find that site, so there are answers out there. Anyway, sorry the original link did work, but it appears the moderator has blocked links to that site. Try this instead
BBJ
Thanks

A 2400 wide panel requires a crane, and that can add $1000 - $2000 (assuming 2100+ height). Plus the glass will be thicker, which may require the frame to be upgraded.
2400 with 3 fixed panels and mullions is much cheaper as the glass is manageable.
Louvres are generally a 3rd party product for window manufacturers, they have 2 margins on them - same with sashless. You can estimate double the price.

Price guides are impossible, prices vary hugely between manufacturers, and even the cheap, low-quality ones are happy to charge you more...
ECOECO
BBJ
Thanks

A 2400 wide panel requires a crane, and that can add $1000 - $2000 (assuming 2100+ height). Plus the glass will be thicker, which may require the frame to be upgraded.
2400 with 3 fixed panels and mullions is much cheaper as the glass is manageable.
Louvres are generally a 3rd party product for window manufacturers, they have 2 margins on them - same with sashless. You can estimate double the price.

Price guides are impossible, prices vary hugely between manufacturers, and even the cheap, low-quality ones are happy to charge you more...

I got 2400x2400 double glazed fixed windows with a single mullion (2 fixed panels).

I think it looks better than 3.

Oddly enough I got them from a company called EcoEco

Here's an old photo

Related
14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum