Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

dual climate window films

Page 1 of 1
hi we have just built a new house and moved in a few months ago. today i got a quote for some solargard silver ag25 or 50 window films to have installed on our north and west facing windows. (the sun is beautiful coming in and warming the house up in winter but is already starting to get warm with the hotter sun in september).
anywho i cant decide whether to go with the 25 (lets in 22% of light.. best heat reflection and retention for winter) or the lighter 50 just worried about just how dark it will make the house inside.
does anyone have any experience?
I had a film that reflected 80% of UV and made little difference to how light the room felt.
bashworth
I had a film that reflected 80% of UV and made little difference to how light the room felt.

Interesting. What effect did it have on heat entry and retention?
Massive difference to the heat coming in our West facing windows.

It was fitted on a sunny summer afternoon and the temperature dropped in the room by several degrees within minutes.

Not sure about reducing heat loss
bashworth

It was fitted on a sunny summer afternoon and the temperature dropped in the room by several degrees within minutes.

Interesting.
Which film did you use?
ECOECO
bashworth

Interesting.
Which film did you use?

Can't remember the name but it was the most reflective film that TintACar sold.
Related
14/06/2023
Gooseneck tap in front of kitchen window

Kitchen Corner

that will depend on the kitchen bench depth. you'll have to specify it so it allows for both the tap and the sink

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum