Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Bi-folds or Stackers?

Page 2 of 2
gweluphome
Not sure if you can see but the width of the base was so big to accomadate the stacker that it was pointless then adding another base for flyscreens.

That's such a good point, we were undecided because for one we could save $3k by having sliding stackers instead of bi-folds, and whilst I want the wow of bi-folds i was worried about the space and also the fly-screen issue, but after you've said that I'm comfortable with the bi-fold choice.

Here's a pic of our display home, I think the stackers would ruin the look...
Rachelle, that pic is beautiful I wouldn't comprimise on the bifolds for the look it gives. Wow.... I think stackers would take that feel away. Try and keep your bifolds. Do you know if they are the aluminim ones and what colour are you having?
well.. that's a problem now that you ask! I had decided that I liked the white windows on the front facade, but I don't want white bi-folds. They are just aluminium but we want to keep the silver so we'll have to change our front windows to silver aswell.

Yeah that room was made us fall in love with the house. That whole set up is costing us almost $10k but we love it!!

Thanks for the confimation, I've been deliberating for the past week but am now definitely decided!
it's a beautiful room Rachelle.

Why do the front windows have to match the bi-folds? Are they very near each other?
We have been considering window colour also. It is not as common to have white or light coloured frames over here, so there are not many to look at and confirm that it looks good. Might have to get photoshop or MVH and try and mock something up.
I think either way the colours will look good. I do like the white though.....any off whites?
Thanks Donuts! Yeah I guess they don't have to match but I don't think that my OCD could handle different coloured aluminium window frames throughout the house! I don't know, I had honestly never considered them not matching, you've given me food for thought!

Yeah PK, I think I need to see some in the flesh before I decide.
Actually I think the ones on the display must be white!! I'll have to go have another look!
I get you on the OCD lol. I was just thinking that our facade windows will be different colour to the rest of our house, but they are timber not aluminium...it's different
Hey Rachelle I've been in that display and it's gorgeous. You certainly can't compromise when it's a corner opening like that. Great choice in house!
BADH, I am sorry for hijacking your thread but Donuts and Rachelle our OCD is stopping us from doing different coloured frames front and back.
Hubby can't get his head around light frames as we are having charcoal roof tiles and his ARetentiveness is getting in our way of coming to a clear cut decision.....Like I said before there isn't even many display homes to look at with this combo....
I think its called the Hamptons style......
Let me know if you see any displays over that way that have this combo I can check out pics on the net.
Hey no worries! For what it's worth I think as long as all the frames match in a particular room I think that's the most important thing
gweluphome as soon as I read that about Hamptons style I thought of a street in one of the new estates here in Melbourne where they are building a whole streetof Wisteria Lane type houses from Desperate Housewives.

Like this one - only this is with weatherboard and totally different style to your house - but might give you an idea about the colours. But you can't see the roof properly.

Another gatecrasher and OCD colour matcher.

We had white framed bifolds in our first build (white frames all round actually) with a surfmist colourbond roof.

GH: I love the Hamptons style and was trying to emulate it.
That house is gorgeous donuts.
HappyHome
That house is gorgeous donuts.

was just about to say that about your house!
Donuts....Oh my goodness thats hilarious. I am not being rude in anyway but that just looks so like Wysteria Lane. Even the porthole window up the top..... colours for me yes getting there in a way. Not the blue though. Hubby would keel over if I told him I wanted a blue house.
It looks like it needs one of those letterboxes with the flag on the side......hehehe. Very cute though......
Why thank you.

I need to get a recent photo with the shutters on the front windows. Looks even more quaint.
Happyhome, very nice house you have done well with the feel and those bifolds look awesome. Can you tell me what colour paint you have on the walls above the bifolds?
gweluphome
Donuts....Oh my goodness thats hilarious. I am not being rude in anyway but that just looks so like Wysteria Lane. Even the porthole window up the top..... colours for me yes getting there in a way. Not the blue though. Hubby would keel over if I told him I wanted a blue house.
It looks like it needs one of those letterboxes with the flag on the side......hehehe. Very cute though......

yes it looks just like it, the whole street is like that! But they have not varied the houses very much unfortunately, it could have looked much better but they all kind of look the same.

No blue would not be the right colour - Happyhome's colours will give you a better idea probably.
It was Solver Amelia throughout the interior.

The weatherboards are Solver Anthracite (grey/blue)
Related
You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum