Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Aluminium window slider frame track

Page 1 of 1
Hello All,
Just received three aluminium slider windows.
While installing noticed the fixed and moving panel there is a 20mm opening on the bottom and top. If you look directly you can see outside.
The top is so the panels can be removed but still air can come in.
See photos which may explain it better.

NSU
...but still air can come in.

Yes, it obviously can.
Thanks for your reply.
Is this a design problem or something missing?
To me it looks like all sliding windows must have a small gap in order to allow the sliding window to slide without scraping the track on the fixed window, but it also looks like they cut into that lip way too much. Personally, I would ask them to fix it by re-doing that one frame bar and then reassembling the window, and perhaps fit a brush where the tiny remaining gap exists. If they won’t do it, I would seek assistance from the Australian Window Association (AWS) or Fair Trading in your State. Heat and cold will just pour in through a gap that large, and it’s just not acceptable.

You didn’t happen to go with the lowest quote from a company out of a local newspaper ad?
Thanks for the reply.
I have been told there is a cap that blocks the area.
Agree it seems to be extremely big.
Another question
The lock on the moving window panel the outer frame touches the fixed frame when fully closed. Is this normal on a sliding window? See picture
Concern overtime the lock assembly will be damaged.

Which window company?

A company in Sydney
You're not helping yourself

Related
24/03/2024
Building Near Train Track - Additional Cost for Acoustics

Building A New House

Our standard double-glazed window is tested to achieve, Rw 34, and can be glazed to suit Rw 39. The price is good too...

16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

29/03/2024
Certification for glazing and aluminium window/door frames

Windows & Doors

For your reference Performance Labels: Window assemblies in housing, except timber windows, must be labelled so the label can be seen when it is in situ. For timber…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum