Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Alternatives to double stacker doors

Page 1 of 1
In my new build, architect designed two adjacent stacker doors (2400 x 3590) for Alfresco.

Are there any better ideas to reconfigure the stackers. Or should I go for an expensive commercial stacker? Appreciate your suggestions.

How big an opening do you want to achieve? At a minimum, I would have both banks of stackers stack on the outside edges and I would get rid of the central post.
We did something similar. You need to keep the post otherwise you have reinforce with steel, I think?

I’d just have the door in the left open the other way so you have the biggest opening in the middle. Just personal preference.

If it’s A&L the boutique entertainer stacker doors look awesome!

arcadelt
How big an opening do you want to achieve? At a minimum, I would have both banks of stackers stack on the outside edges and I would get rid on the central post.

I prefer to have large opening. Agree with you to get rid of the central post but I can't see any stackers over 6 meters. Custom made ones costs a fortune.
Ezza78
We did something similar. You need to keep the post otherwise you have reinforce with steel, I think?

I’d just have the door in the left open the other way so you have the biggest opening in the middle. Just personal preference.

If it’s A&L the boutique entertainer stacker doors look awesome!

I think it costs a lot for the steel? I will have a look of A&L stackers. Thanks
genskg
I prefer to have large opening. Agree with you to get rid of the central post but I can't see any stackers over 6 meters. Custom made ones costs a fortune.

Cost is always an issue, but since you have an architect designing your house, you largely have the flexibility to do what you want, and that may mean buying custom here, but standard everywhere else (as an aside, most windows and doors are made to spec, so are custom anyway). With six panes/panels as shown, you could at most achieve a 4800mm opening. Yes you will need a beam, but you could have posts 1200mm in from the ends, lining up with the ends of the fixed panels to reduce the beam length - something like this.

Thank you arcadelt. This is demonstration. I think I will go for this option.
We have 2 A&L boutique stacker doors (3m each) in the middle we have a picture window. Both doors open away from the window.

Just to give you an idea on how it looks like

Instagram @pdsomerville46

We can do a single stacker, 6 panels @ 6+ metres wide, up to 3m high, and a great price!!!
That’s very promising. Do you service Sydney?
genskg
That’s very promising. Do you service Sydney?

we can sell to Sydney but we don't have any service people there. Sorry
genskg you can try Vitrocsa, http://vitrocsa.com.au/index.php/produc ... ass-doors/, but they are definitely not cheap but pretty damn amazing!!!
We can produce up to 7.5m stacker door, here in Sydney. All our products are upvc framed and double or triple glazed. We do not offer single glazing anymore.

Our standard size for a stacker is 5.8m, over this size attracts a custom premium.

As another option, we can offer a 6m wide 3m high 4 panel Lift and Slide door, which will be particularly attractive and impressive, if there is a lovely view.
Related
26/10/2023
Which glass for stacker doors

Windows & Doors

What do you need them to withstand? If it's normal wear and tear, then either will do, if you want resistance to ingress then laminated would be the favourite, but only…

10/04/2024
Cesearstone Alternatives

Kitchen Corner

and they have their Mineral range too

11/10/2023
Stacker door thresholds

Windows & Doors

Sure looks like the type of track that I fitted to my house. My supplier said that the underside has a tray which drains to the front. They cut vertical slots in it. So as…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum