Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

High windows

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Our builder suggested having high windows for the bedrooms (2,3 and 4). In some ways it makes sense as the walls are on the southern side, no view (apart from neighbours fence) and it means if you have high bed frames or bunks etc, not against a window.
So overall, it sounds good, but would that limit us for selling in the future (and talking 15 years time) - would you buys a house that has only high windows for the secondary bedrooms? the living spaces all will have normal windows
I expect this will be to overcome the overlooking regulation. I.e. windows should be obscure to 1700 above the floor if the windows overlook a neighbouring property. You can have normal windows with obscure glass/film up to 1700.
thanks - but this is on a one storey house - it was more for letting light in, but not affecting energy rating too much with big windows
Got you... thanks...

My opinion would be stick with standard windows.
that is what we are leaning towards - thanks
Related
13/06/2023
Concreting surface too high

Paving & Concreting

It will be neat but you won't have much freeboard. At least they are not weep holes. Are you in a high intensity rainfall region? The regulatory slope is only required…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

22/05/2023
Bedroom Windows questions

Building A New House

Personally, considering your layout (study/work desks in bedrooms), I don't think you have any other option but to leave NW windows and make them as big as possible e.g.…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum