Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

A&L Boutique Sliding Doors - security doors?

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this. We are installing Boutique sliding doors from A&L with our Henley home and I really want to be able to add security doors after handover.

A sales rep from A&L told me you can't add security doors without adding an additional track rail, which doesn't come standard with the boutique. But then a customer service rep has just told me that there is some sort of cover that can be removed which exposes the tracks....

I have no idea who to believe and it's is getting to the point where I won't be able to change the doors.
njon2
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this. We are installing Boutique sliding doors from A&L with our Henley home and I really want to be able to add security doors after handover.

A sales rep from A&L told me you can't add security doors without adding an additional track rail, which doesn't come standard with the boutique. But then a customer service rep has just told me that there is some sort of cover that can be removed which exposes the tracks....

I have no idea who to believe and it's is getting to the point where I won't be able to change the doors.

We are getting boutique doors as substitute for garage door as we converted garage to home office. We are considering roller shutters but not sure what the requirements are in regards any tracking. Could this be an option for you?
The tracks are wide when I looked at mine and do have a cover over part of the track, could this be what they were explaining?

I will try and take a pic tomorrow of the track, if that helps

Mclaren77
I will try and take a pic tomorrow of the track, if that helps

A photo would be awesome. I really love the doors but definitely still want to be able to add security doors.

spice girl
njon2
Hi Guys

We are getting boutique doors as substitute for garage door as we converted garage to home office. We are considering roller shutters but not sure what the requirements are in regards any tracking. Could this be an option for you?

Roller doors aren't really an option for us. The doors are in the alfresco and it just won't be practical. But thank you for your idea. It is appreciated.

njon2
spice girl
njon2
Hi Guys

Roller doors aren't really an option for us. The doors are in the alfresco and it just won't be practical. But thank you for your idea. It is appreciated.

Could they go on the outside of the Alfresco so as to enclose it. It is something we are looking at doing after handover however not sure yet as to what type of enclosure we will do.

Here are some pics of the tracks

I suggest calling A&L again, you may get more clarity on the situation. It is possible that the there is a cover plate over the existing tracks. You should be able to get a security doors on your doors even if they have to add tracks. Make sure to get a good understanding of where and how any additional tracks will be fitted. Good Luck with the project.
Related
28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

14/05/2023
Sliding Doors

General Discussion