Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Fly Screens suitable for a Queenslander/Casement Windows

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, I am new to this forum and very happy to have found it! I came across a link on whirlpool and thought I may have more luck over here

We have just purchased an old home, it's a Queenslander style home (possibly Ashgrovian??) so I'm sure I'll be frequenting this forum quite a lot!

One of our priorities for now is our windows. I have two indoor cats which I'd like to keep as indoor cats so fixing some sort of fly screen to all windows is going to be a necessity. We have a lot of casement windows, one bay window as well as some french doors and normal sized doors.

Has anyone here been through the process of fitting out an older queenslander home with screens? It's not an option to leave them screenless as I have two indoor cats, but I would like to maintain the integrity of the look of the home as much as possible and fit screens that atleast suit the home a little?? It doesn't seem we have much choice other than retractable fly screens for the casement windows as we will need to open the screen to access the window.

In regards to our french doors, has anyone had experience with retractable screens on french doors? Are there any other options I should be looking at for them at all?

We were originally considering crim safe security screens on the normal sized doors, however I'm not sure the extra cost will be worth it considering no other windows will have security screens, only normal ones?

Is there anything I should be considering when looking into screens for an older home with casement windows?

We are located out near ipswich (a bit further out), would anyone have any recommendations for businesses I could get out to quote on such a thing?

Thanks in advance!
Related
15/12/2023
Suitable material for build up around slab

Building A New House

Not recommended! The image presented is for a sublevel area. The footings are down deep with a load bearing wall supporting the upper floor level. If you did that drain…

22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

13/02/2024
Safety screens! Worth them?

Safer Living

Hi everyone. I am a single mother with little daughter, living in a small tourist town in WA Australia. I am thinking to install security screens to all the doors and…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum