Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

budget for plantation shutters?

Page 1 of 1
hey guys were building the killara 26 with clarendon homes, single story 4 bedroom ranch..trying to figure out budget for plantation shutters with installation. am i crazy in thinking around $4,000 for everything? i know its hard to say since you dont know the amount and size of windows and material of shutters..but ball park figure am i close or way off?
tony7432
hey guys were building the killara 26 with clarendon homes, single story 4 bedroom ranch..trying to figure out budget for plantation shutters with installation. am i crazy in thinking around $4,000 for everything? i know its hard to say since you dont know the amount and size of windows and material of shutters..but ball park figure am i close or way off?

You need to double it which should include one for a stacker door.
damn $8k? no go there, will have to look for other options.
tony7432
damn $8k? no go there, will have to look for other options.

Can you get the imitation ones and just do the windows that are on the facade of the house?
i dont mind if its real or imitation, my wife just loves the look of them, but she does want to do the whole house..even though $8k sounds like alot its cheaper then what clarendon homes wanted to charge us..$15,000
a friend of mine got all his windows done for i think about $6K. rawson homes - huntley 26 double story..
$6k is not bad actually for entire house with installation. i will go back to the display home and take measurements of all the windows and than start shopping around and get quotes.
SeanEit
a friend of mine got all his windows done for i think about $6K. rawson homes - huntley 26 double story..

do you know what company did his shutters?
nervousnelly
do you know what company did his shutters?

getting mine done with them as well..http://www.sleekshutters.com.au
$6k for double story is really good actually, single story should be a little less..thanks for the link
tony7432
$6k for double story is really good actually, single story should be a little less..thanks for the link

Hi Tony

We are building a two storey 35sq home. We have opted for shutters at the front of our home. Three Windows downstairs and five upstairs. For the rest of our window coverings we will get roller blinds (blockout in bedrooms and media, translucent in living areas). We are getting our blinds done through TLC Blinds at Narellan. They provide a very professional service and have competitive prices. Our shutters will be approx $3500 but that's because they offered a package with our blinds, screens and shutters. Worth getting a quote.

that is a very good price.
its usually about 400 a square meter of window. Easy to work out.
B STAR
its usually about 400 a square meter of window. Easy to work out.

is that with install?
yep
tony7432

Hi happy to do a free measure and quote if you want, thanks Mark.
They are 100% worth the price. great insulation, amazing look both inside and out. So worth it.
Related
6/07/2023
Renovation on a budget

Renovation + Home Improvement

Coming back to your old stomping grounds, huh? Renovations on a budget can be quite the journey. It's like giving your house a new lease on life. The twist of not knowing…

22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum