Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Hanging internal doors

Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Am new to the DIY game ....can anyone suggest a website where I can get instructions about hanging new doors?

Have recently bought a house in Perth and would like to change the internal doors...got a bit of a shock when I was told that to get someone to hang each door would cost me $180/per door!!

I have since decided that I should get a bit more "handy". Any help would be appreciated......thanx!
$180 per door is crazy talk - GPs don't even earn that much.

He's a link
http://www.cordoors.com.au/howtohang.php

they make it look easier than it is.

The only advice I can give is have the right tools and someone to lend you a hand.

Good Luck
We got ours hung (in Perth) for $45 per door. Shop around. My wife spoke to one of the door supplier companys and they put her in contact with this guy - used to work there. Very nice chap and did an excellent job. Sorry I can't remember his name.
Thanks very much both of you. Much appreciated. Will do a bit more shopping around to see if I can find someone cheaper. Or else I will do as suggested ie: right tools and a little help.

3times a builda - can you remember the name of the door supplier where you got your doors from at all?

cheers.
Related
3/02/2024
Flush Internal Doors

General Discussion

Okay, then the choice is really about the build quality of the door itself which means the brand name. Sorry I can't recommend one or the other so best to rely on comments…

15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

15/11/2023
Internal brick wall vs plasterboard - cost and acoustic?

Building A New House

Thank you alexp79 and gommeqld for your advice, that's very helpful, thanks

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum