Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

My double glazed windows fro China

Page 1 of 6
Fully Compliant? What brand?

They all say that, check with the Australian Window Association...

Ed
10 years importing windows
I'm just in the process of getting quotes for Thermally broken windows from local businesses, how much are you looking at? Feel free to inbox me if you like
Hi sgw,

We have also purchased our double glazed aluminium windows from China. We flew to Sydney to view them in one of their showrooms, have researched them for months and also spoke to other owner builders who sourced them from the same company. They are currently been manufactured and should be ready for shipping in the next 2 weeks. We got them for a great price including the shipping costs. Thinking of importing other things as well, including kitchen, tiles, flooring etc...to fill my container.

Who are you using for your windows? Maybe the same company - Feilong?
How hard is it to deal with the quoting..? Just measure and liase with a local installer for correct dimensions..?
Rubenn
Feilong?

Tested and compliant
Ed
Freddybare
I'm just in the process of getting quotes for Thermally broken windows from local businesses, how much are you looking at? Feel free to inbox me if you like

Hi, Where are you going to build?

Regards,

Sithewindows
I have been in the window industry in the Uk for over 30 years, started young! Since migrating to Aus I have seen some bad examples of windows and doors. I have also seen some good.
The problem for clients who are purchasing products is they really have to be guided by the person who is selling to them. The discussion regarding Chinese windows is quite interesting for me as I have been buying windows from an Australian company that manufacture in China due to cost.
Any more commentary on this particular subject...? I am awaiting confirmation / response from Feilong on their location of Sydney site so i can inspect their offerings....
I have been making some enquires with a company called Shaghai super house building they are claiming AS2047, they have a base in Sydney so going to have a look at that when they send details through, they supply Upvc and aluminium double glazed so will be interesting to get a quote , Has anybody else come across these people ?,thanks
Interesting thread. My order from YY construction company is currently being manufactured. They are members of AWA and completely certified. I got thermally broken DG windows and doors, some with E-glass coating. However, I ordered directly from the Shanghai factory and organizing delivery as LCL using the custom broker. Much cheaper than using their delivery service.
Hi Guys,

I got my windows from Shanghai YY construction in China or iSuperhouse, they are both the same company. I have provided my building surveyor all the AS2047 and AS 1288 certificate from the manufacturers, but he is being a pain saying I need a certificate of compliance for the windows, and he will not accept any certificate from Shanghai YY Construction.

Any ideas of what to do?

Cheers

BTW: I am an owner builder.

Also, did you guys fit reveals on yourself? in an brick veneer construction?

Regads
Really ?
My builder said that he is happy to install them since Shanghai YY construction are both
AWA and WERS members. How about you contact AWA and ask ? Here is the extract from their webpage
http://www.awa.org.au/resources/why-cho ... awa-member

1. Members manufacture window and door products in compliance with all relevant Australian Standards.
2. Members verify their window's design performance using a NATA accredited testing laboratory.
3. Members performance label their windows to the required 'wind pressure' and 'water penetration' requirements of AS2047.

Show it to your surveyor and ask what's the point for AWA to exist and for companies to comply with their requirements ?

As for reveals my builder will fit them in. Since YY windows have nailing fins, it is an easy DIY job.
Hi Manger,

Thanks for that, yes I will check with AWA on Monday, meanwhile I have asked YY to supply certificate of compliance for the windows. The windows even have the stickers showing they comply to AS2047 and I have checked their certificate with SAI Global.

If anyone else had other experience please let me know.

Cheers

James
sgw
I am importing my double glazed thermal break aluminium windows from China to Perth, fully Australian compliant, great price, does anyone want to share my container.

When are you expecting the shipment to leave China and arrive in Perth?
Hi All.

Building in Perth and looking at decent affordable Windows and doors.

Have visited yy and others this week. Material and assembly seem similar. YY only do exports likely due to pricing.

YY have good English speakers on staff and aside from certification don't see any difference.

Interested int he building inspector approvals

ed.
Ok, I will rephrase my offer. If anyone would like some FREE advise from someone who has been in the window industry for over 30 years, and know the business inside out, please feel free to contact.
jamesbp
Hi Manger,

Thanks for that, yes I will check with AWA on Monday, meanwhile I have asked YY to supply certificate of compliance for the windows. The windows even have the stickers showing they comply to AS2047 and I have checked their certificate with SAI Global.

If anyone else had other experience please let me know.

Cheers

James

Hey James

In my 20 odd years of experience as a builder in the industry the one thing I can say is that Certifiers can be hit and miss, it's how they interpret the info put in front of them, some times you really have to spell it out before they get the picture.

Regards James.

Btw- We are owner building at the moment, and I tried out a new certifier for this build - viewtopic.php?t=71955 , and I'm not that impressed so far...
Hi all, I'm also looking at using Shanghai YY.
I have a quote delivered to my door and pricing is excellent.

I'm wondering what sort of taxes/duty I'll have to pay when they arrive in Australia?
Is it a general percentage of the purchase price? I'm worried that I'll order 30K of windows and pay 15K duty.

Cheers!
Excellent, thank you.
So, if the window cost is 30K, then duty is 3K and GST 1.5K?

I want to make sure that they aren't taxed on the 'actual' Australian value. (i.e. - if they are worth 50K Australian, then I won't get taxed on 50K value).

When are your windows expected to arrive? They seem very professional.
I'm not sure they'll be exactly that much yet. There are a number of bi-fold and custom windows.
I'll update everyone with how I go!
Related
16/01/2024
Double glazed aluminium windows-doors- slimline?

Windows & Doors

I don't know them all, the first 2 top of your list are best known. Rylock is a good company, Stegbar is for sale.

1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

20/07/2023
Double door frame size

General Discussion

Current door width is approx 2700, looking to have double doors fitted 820-820. What size does the frame need to be before door jamb? Thanks

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum