Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Mixing blinds and curtains

Page 1 of 1
Hi, wondering whether you think it's best to have the same window furnishings house-wide or if mixing it up is acceptable?

I feel it's acceptable to mix them so long as they have some similar feel/continuity about them...

I have curtains in the living, dining and master bedroom - floor length with brass coloured rod, etc - these are the rooms with dark wood picture rails and window frames, and look more formal/traditional.

I was thinking for the other rooms - second bedroom, sunrooms and kitchen - plantation shutters or blinds with a similar appearance. These rooms are more bright and airy with vertical join walls so I don't think would look right with the heavy long curtains.

Does this sound alright??
I think it's done to mix different window furnishings. We will have full length & wall width sheer curtains with rear blockout curtain in our master bedroom, a blockout wall width curtain in the theatre room with a roller blind behind it, and roller blinds everywhere else.

Our curtains & blinds will be installed on Tuesday so keep an eye on my thread as I'll update it with pics when it's done
Thanks HomeAngels. I had a look and yours look great. Appreciate your thoughts.
CH2012
Thanks HomeAngels. I had a look and yours look great. Appreciate your thoughts.

No worries
Related
2/06/2023
Ebays Motorised curtains

Building A New House

have you used any of the motorised curtain systems available from Ebay? Which one and how is it?

29/10/2023
Outdoor Blinds for Pergola

Outdoor Living

About a year ago, I embarked on a DIY project to construct an outdoor Pergola, which measures approximately 5.2 meters by 4.0…

21/04/2024
Question about motorised roller blinds

Window Furnishings

I have motorised roller blinds in my house. I motorised all the blinds I use a lot and the ones that don’t get used too often I didn’t. I went through Motorise My…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum