I'm at Mum's quickly (missing my internet badly!!) and thought I would ask your opinion on another item I need to make a decision on.
I'm trying to decide whethere to have roller blinds or plantation shutters in my new home or a combination of both?
I love the look of white plantation shutters, however, I am wondering how practical they will be in our new home (and how expensive!!) and if having them on all windows will be 'too much'...
I also love the look of double roller blinds, was thinking of a dark block out with a white dayblind which you would see from inside. I liek that double roller blinds are sleek, modern and maybe a little cheaper overall than shutters...however, I am worried I will miss not having shutters if I choose to have all roller blinds.
The current thing I was thinking of doing was;
1) Study at the front of house - 3 windows viewed from the front of the house
2) Formal lounge - also towards the front of the house - one medium size window on the side of the house
3) Main bedroom - 3 windows viewed from the front of the house
4) Bathrooms (ensuite and main bathroom)
1) 3 minor bedrooms - all have a single long and short window that is high up on the wall
2) Sliding doors from Rumpus room and Dining Area to teh outside Alfresco
3) Upstairs games room - window looking out to side of house (large window)
4) Dining Area - Medium size window
I've tried to keep all the window furnishings in one area the same (ie open plan living - all roller blinds) AND front facade of house all plantation shutters.
What do you think - would you leave as is or keep all window furnishings the same ??