Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Install eaves before/after new windows?

Page 1 of 1
I have a 1960's brick veneer, and some of the windows run right up to the eaves. I recently had all the eaves removed so the windows could be installed (window company wasn't going to the job if I didn't, as eaves were asbestos).

The windows haven't arrived yet. Wondering, should I install new eaves before the windows go in, or after?
wixy
I have a 1960's brick veneer, and some of the windows run right up to the eaves. I recently had all the eaves removed so the windows could be installed (window company wasn't going to the job if I didn't, as eaves were asbestos).

The windows haven't arrived yet. Wondering, should I install new eaves before the windows go in, or after?

I assume you are talking about the lining under the eves? In which case probably best to do it after the windows have gone in.
Probably too late but definitely replace the eaves linings before the windows go in. You'll struggle to make it look good if you have to do it after.

Stewie
Related
7/07/2023
Mounting wireless camera under eaves

General Discussion

Update from me! Couldn't find the trimmer - not sure if there isn't one simply because the eave is so narrow. Went ahead with the spring toggles and it all worked out…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

11/09/2023
New Construction variations after completing works

Building A New House

I can help you with all that, you can PM me with details if you wish

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum