Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

plantation shutters for stacker/sliding door

Page 1 of 1
I've just had a measure up for my plantation shutters, and was advised that they need to create a frame that will stick out about 200mm from the door.

My questions are
- has anyone done this
- how does it look
- do you have any pictures to share (pretty please)
- should I perhaps put dual rollers on the aluminum stacker doors, instead of plantation shutters.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Anyone?
If no one has thoughts on shutters on al fresco doors, does anyone have any ideas on pros and cons of diff coverings for these windows? Im tempted to leave mine uncovered but that will let a lot of heat out in winter. Any ideas/comments welcome.
Josiegosie maybe we could share any other info we come up with.
KT
I have verticals on 3 of our sliding/stacker doors. Had them in our previous house and had no problems.
I fitted slimline aluminium venetians to both the sliding and 2 x stacker doors because these will only be used to retain winter heat and anything else reduced headspace through the door area too much.
I've gone ahead an ordered stacker plantation shutters on my stackers. I was upset as the sales consultant didn't tell me I would need at 200mm frame built, and that is going to stick out from the door. I was really unsure about the look of this. Now all I can do is sit and wait to see what it looks like. I'm thinking I should have just ordered the double rollers on the 3 panels of door, but it would have been different from the other window furnishings.
i've just had a call advising me it'll be an extra $1000, not happy! What is your opinion if I have plantation windows and sheer hollands on the stacker door? I'm not sure if it will match or if I need the same blind throught the room
An extra $1000??? Sheesh I would tell them to forget it!! They can't increase a price by that much? did you get a written quote?

Sorry I'm not really the right one to ask re plantation shutters because while they look OK they wouldn't really suit my lifestyle and the 200mm frame you've mentioned doesn't sound too good.
I have no window coverings as yet but I am planning to have plantations on the windows and probably curtains on the sliding doors - all in the one open living area. My reason is that the plantations will either block off a glass panel (or two) when open or else they need a fair bit of wall to fold back on. Also probably v.v.expensive for three big sliding doors.
I think that the curtains, being completely different, will probably look better than blinds which are a bit more similar. IYKWIM?
Related
11/10/2023
Stacker door thresholds

Windows & Doors

Sure looks like the type of track that I fitted to my house. My supplier said that the underside has a tray which drains to the front. They cut vertical slots in it. So as…

1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum