Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Blinds? Curtains? Best for blocking heat...

Page 1 of 1
I thought I'd decided on roller blinds for our bedroom windows, but the more I research, the more confused I become!?

My son's bedroom has a west facing window and by the afternoon it is so hot in his room! What type of window covering would block out the most heat? Block out curtains? Roller blinds? Something else?

Any specific links or examples would be much appreciated!
Bah m
I would be using an escreen on the inside of the reveal. Then a thick roman blind over the reveal.
RenoBliss
I thought I'd decided on roller blinds for our bedroom windows, but the more I research, the more confused I become!?

My son's bedroom has a west facing window and by the afternoon it is so hot in his room! What type of window covering would block out the most heat? Block out curtains? Roller blinds? Something else?

Any specific links or examples would be much appreciated!

You need to stop the sun hitting the window outside - an awning blind a bamboo blind these could be removed if you get a tree to grow tall enough. Or a creeper on a trellis. Tree or creeper to be deciduous for winter light.
B STAR
I would be using an escreen on the inside of the reveal. Then a thick roman blind over the reveal.

Thanks
I'm not sure what an escreen is though, might need to do a search!

planfan
You need to stop the sun hitting the window outside - an awning blind a bamboo blind these could be removed if you get a tree to grow tall enough. Or a creeper on a trellis. Tree or creeper to be deciduous for winter light.

We're in a double story house so I think the outside blind might be the way to go?

Thanks for your help!
External roller blind? That would most likely block out more than an internal blind...
Thanks everyone

I've decided to put up an external blind and then have block out curtains on the inside.
Hi,
I was just reading the thread and i think the idea of putting an awning to block the sun from the outside atleast to prevent the sun touching the back of the house is a good idea. Just a thought tho.
Related
16/04/2024
Top Floor Toilet Recurrently Blocking

Bathrooms and Laundry

I have a toilet that blocks up on the top (2nd) floor of a property. The toilets on the 1st and ground floor are OK) Blockage clears when the using a plunger. But…

20/04/2024
Plumbing roots blocking PVC pipe

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

3 pipes are coming from upstairs bathroom. 40mm from bathroom sink, 50mm from shower and another 50mm from the bathtub. Highly unlikely that any of these will be open at…

2/06/2023
Ebays Motorised curtains

Building A New House

have you used any of the motorised curtain systems available from Ebay? Which one and how is it?

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum