Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Double glazing timber front door.

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Just completed part of our selections and am unhappy about my front door. We want one of these ( or similar )

http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_pro ... spx?page=3

In a size of 2360*1020. However it seems that you can't get the glass double glazed. I am doing the rest of my ( small ) house with double glazed windows and really want the front door to match. As a minimum I want 8mm glass purely to reduce sound transmission.

The selection's girl rang the supplier and even though in the back of the book they do double/triple glazing, its only on one of there doors. Has anyone seen the door I am after with thick glass or double glazed?

Thanks
What about a UV cut reflective tint instead.

I think the issue is the thickness (or lack thereof) for double glazing a door.
It the same here. The standard doors of the shelf are a pathetic 40mm thick. Not good for DG or a good multi point lock. Better are the Euro style doors which come in the same designs to choose from but with a decent thickness of 60-70mm.
windowexpert
It the same here. The standard doors of the shelf are a pathetic 40mm thick. Not good for DG or a good multi point lock. Better are the Euro style doors which come in the same designs to choose from but with a decent thickness of 60-70mm.

Don't suppose you have a link do you?
http://www.paarhammer.com.au would be the people to talk to in Australia
Not cheap as Bunnings but lasting value !!
Thankyou very much.

Bunnings was only for an example anyway.
Related
16/01/2024
Now It's 0.3mm Gap For Double Glazing. It beats all the rest

Windows & Doors

This is one of the reasons I decided to go overseas for my double glazed windows. As the builder indicated, he's worked on many upmarket builds, these were the most well…

29/03/2024
Certification for glazing and aluminium window/door frames

Windows & Doors

For your reference Performance Labels: Window assemblies in housing, except timber windows, must be labelled so the label can be seen when it is in situ. For timber…

31/01/2024
Front door issues

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

AS2047 Section 6 Page 31 speaks to Construction/Tolerances of Windows and external glazed doors in buildings Check also New South Wales Guide to Standards and Tolerances,…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum