Join Login
Building ForumWindows & Doors

Cleaning windows

Page 1 of 1
Does anyone have tips on how best to clean stickers/plaster glue from the inside of the aluminium windows?
Try eucalyptus oil - it's pretty good at removing most stuff and harmless.
Cheers Mclaren

Got a bottle today. One question: will I need to windex the glass afterwards? As in, will the oil make it greasy?
oil doesn't make it greasy
Unfortunately it isn't working for me

It requires as much scrubbing as water+cloth does
For removal of glue/stickers, especially from smooth surfaces like windows, you can't fail with smooth peanut butter. It works, fullstop. If the glue is old or super strong, may need to re-apply it (leave on for about 1 hour to be safe).
If the glue is superglue or super tough, there is something in Bunnings called Un-do ... but haven't tried it on any "important" things / surfaces as I don't know if it would etch the surface. Peanut butter will do no harm.
Peanut butter?!!!
Will try that next.
Thanks
I haven't heard of the peanut butter one either, I will try that next time too!

I mainly use either eucalyptus oil or methylated spirits - when one doesn't work the other one usually does
Hi blueblueblue, how did you go at removing the markings? I am very interested to find out if you found something that worked as I am looking to do the same.
I just use a razor blade for old glue etc, but you can also try a paint scraper (just a razor blade in a holder). I find this mechanical method more successful than trying to unstick it chemically.
Hi BlueBlueBlue.
Go to your local cleaning shop and get yourself a professional window cleaning scraper. They have a soft metal blade that wont scratch the glass.
Put some dishwashing liquid on a spong and apply on and around the sticker. This will give you a lube affect to scrape. go over the area a few times and it will be gone. Avoid using a paint scraper as this will scratch the glass.
Good Luck, have fun.

Cool Hand Lukes
Related
20/06/2023
Gutter cleaning tools for concrete tiled roof.

General Discussion

No, I even have sections of narrowness where the tiles won't slide up any further. When I manage some spare time, I might play around with the first DIY part of my…

27/02/2024
Cleaning

Outdoor Living

Thanks

22/05/2023
Bedroom Windows questions

Building A New House

Personally, considering your layout (study/work desks in bedrooms), I don't think you have any other option but to leave NW windows and make them as big as possible e.g.…

You are here
Building ForumWindows & Doors
Home
Pros
Forum